Maybe you can help me out. Help me ID this. It was a gouremi, Was about an inch and a half or two inches long. It's body was white with black on it, it had a red spot on it's head under it's mouth.
Agreed a picture would be alot of use. Though more detail about the fish couldn't help, what pattern was the black? Was the red spot a marking or injury/illness?
I was thinking Trichogaster trichopterus (3 spot gourami) with an injury, don't think it would be pearl as the description sureley would have mentioned the spangleds (but would provide a better account for the 'red spot' in the chin area, as pearls do have that orangey patch)
I'm still in the dark ages so no cellphone. I'll go back to the store and get the name. The red spot was not due to injury. I feel bad I am afraid they weren't gouramis, I assumed they were because they were in with the sane tank as the dwarf gouramis, you know what they sat about assumptions.
It is in fact a gourami. This is the closest pic to I can find http/badmanstropicalfish.com/species-gal...ichopterus.html Scroll all the way down the one next to the last pic [the white one]. It has a similar body but the one I saw had a red/orange spot under it's mouth.
Quite a pretty fish. Anyway could I safely buy one and put it in a 29 gallon?
Also could I put a rtbs in with it?
Currently I have an angelfish, 1 fem. betta and 5 cories in it.