Help Me Id This Fish Please.

TimNorwich

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
301
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Ok so went to Swallow Aquatics in East Harling 2 days ago and found this little critter, there was some in the show tank and I really liked it so got a guy to point me in their direction.

It was labelled in the shop an Indian Stone Sucker, it has red fins, grey body and a black dot at the far most back part of it. It's very active and poo's alot once its eaten alot of algae :rolleyes:

Swims like a shark which is cool, and I love that it is so active.

100_0744.jpg


Many thanks,

Tim
 
Apparently it doesn't get much bigger than it is, it was in a huuuuuge tank. I hope it doesn't get rediculously big like the 'Catostomus macrocheilus' seems to be!
 
I'm gonna throw another species into the mix,

garra rufa
garra+rufa.jpg


OR

garra lissorhynchu
garra_lissorhynchus_1.jpg


Garras are sometimes called stone loach
 
Yeah there was a lot of algae on one of my rocks and 2 days in its very clean again, brilliant. I love the way they move around the tank. Its really hard to explain.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top