Help Id This Fish Please..

joanne_464

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi.. just been to the lfs and bought two rainbows.. I asked for a male and a female and were told they were bosemani rainbowfish but they don't look like the pictures im finding..

rainbowfish.jpg



Does this look like the right fish ??

Also how can you tell the difference between males and females ??
 
It could be a female bosemani, although I always find females hard to tell apart. Especially young ones.
 
So what is giving you the impression that its a female how do you tell them apart ??
 
The male would have a blue front/orange(yellow when young) back end.

Female Boesemani to me.
 
Bred 100's of these, Boesemani Female...
 
One thing I noticed when rearing fry of this species is that they seem like they are not growing even on 3 brineshrimp feeds a day, then all of a sudden things just accelerate and they mature pretty quick.
You should be able to sex boesemani well before the size if the fish in the pic.
Regards
C
 

Most reactions

Back
Top