Help,i Accidently May Have Ingested Some Water From My Snail Tank

I think the snail's will live through it! :hey:
 
I know it's an old thread, but a good one anyway.
If you think freshwater is bad, try cleaning a brackish tank. It's just that tad bit worse. I personally use the 'fill the hose with water first and use your thumbs to get it going' as well, just because I got too fed up with the water in my mouth. My other half still uses the sucking technique and can actually do it without getting any water in his mouth at all. Practise I guess.

As for the OP actually being serious about the question. I don't know, I can see why he/she would be though. I did wonder the same thing first time I got a lot of water in my mouth and felt sick for a couple of hours after.
 
If drinking water from a tank full of snails kills them i would of downed the whole 20g before :P There a nightmare to get rid of!

I drink tank water all the time, usually straight from the dirty filter :P Keeps my immune system like an iron horse.
 
I don't have water test kits. You can't get them in remote parts of Australia. After numerous cycle crashes, I can tell when a tank is working from the taste of the water. I know it sounds disgusting but it does appear to work. It has taken a few months practise but I can actually tell now. I drink creek water all the time and that isn't filtered.

Starting siphons without drinking half the tank is just practice. It's easier with a thick tube.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top