HELP! Does my fish have TB?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Nickylou2

Reaction score
HELP! Does my fish have TB?

Hi Iā€™m new to this, but have run out of options on what to do and need some advice, desperately! My fish has been ill for a while now. She is a platy who I have had over a year. She is lethargic, tries to eat then spits it out again, she has a curved spine and typically sits on her own at the back of the tank. Originally I thought she had an internal parasite, so started medication for that. Then a few weeks after treatment I noticed another one of my platy a had red gills so I spoke to someone who suggested it was gill flukes as they both had white stringy poop. Now I am on my second lot of gill fluke and wormer treatment after having a few weeks break. All levels in my tank are fine:

Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
And Nitrate - 10

But I am really worried it may be TB instead. I donā€™t know what to do! She is 1 of 6 platy in my 85l tank. Any advice will help!

DF3B8626-081D-443A-8479-96559601E04F.jpeg
E1D652EA-B4C0-4A42-B4B6-F549239F971B.jpeg

How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?.
Do you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the tank?

What sort of filter is on/ in the tank?
How often and how do you clean the filter?

How often do you feed the fish and what do you feed them?

What have you treated them with previously and what are you using now?

What does that fish's poop look like?

-------------------
The fish is skinny and losing/ lost weight. This is normally caused by intestinal worms or gill flukes.

Fish TB causes fish to act normally then suddenly bloat up (get fat overnight), do stringy white poop, stop eating, gasp near the surface, and die within 24-48 hours of bloating.

If your fish has been like this for a year, it is not caused by Fish TB.

-------------------
The water looks milky cloudy and there is lots of gunk on the bottom of the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back