Help! Cory struggling to move and falling on its side

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Neondoras

Reaction score
Hi all, Iā€™m quite concerned about my peppered corydora (1 of 3) which is spending a lot of time on its side (it slowly falls over/ down through the water) and seems to be unable to swim for more than a few moments. Ive isolated it for now.

22D85F2C-A5D3-4F18-BDBC-0C4E84B96309.jpeg
The others all seem fine and the tank parameters are: ph 6.5, nitrite 0, nitrates 20 (all ppm). Iā€™ve attached pics and a video for help. Any help would be really appreciated, Iā€™m quite concerned and not sure what to do!

Attachments

• 6BCE9521-9717-4175-A1EE-553DDD7CB7D1.jpeg
    6BCE9521-9717-4175-A1EE-553DDD7CB7D1.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 122
How long have you had the Cory for? It looks really thin. I feed mine twice a day. Those little guys love to eat and you want them to have fairly round bellies and look somewhat plump especially the females. Sometimes they are starving from the fish store and there is nothing you can do. When buying corys look for round bellies and make sure their barbs aren't damaged so they can feel around on the substrate. It's not a good sign if it's not swimming properly though. Will your Cory eating anything if you put food in front of him?

How long have you had the Cory for? It looks really thin. I feed mine twice a day. Those little guys love to eat and you want them to have fairly round bellies and look somewhat plump especially the females. Sometimes they are starving from the fish store and there is nothing you can do. When buying corys look for round bellies and make sure their barbs aren't damaged so they can feel around on the substrate. It's not a good sign if it's not swimming properly though. Will your Cory eating anything if you put food in front of him?
Thanks for the response.
I've had them since Tuesday, so you're probably right. Unfortunately the little one didn't make it, which is a real shame. :( I'll definitely start feeding the others more to plumpen them up and keep a close eye on how they get on.
Do you recommend feeding them anything in particular if they won't eat the Cory pellets?

Thanks for the response.
I've had them since Tuesday, so you're probably right. Unfortunately the little one didn't make it, which is a real shame. :( I'll definitely start feeding the others more to plumpen them up and keep a close eye on how they get on.
Do you recommend feeding them anything in particular if they won't eat the Cory pellets?
Aw I'm sorry to hear. It sounds like it was starving from the store. Nothing you dould do. As for food, I have about 4 different kinds for my Corys. But out of them all they love the Fluval Bug Bites bottom feeder formula the most. If you can't find it at your fish store I ordered mine on Amazon for 10 bucks. They love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 89

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back