Help! Can't get NitrAtes down....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
treeboa said:
so to get back to my origia
nal question, is it real live rock this guy has and if not is it that thats causing his problem, or another thing i was thinking about, could it be some copper causing the problem, new piece of rock thats had copper near it ??, allthough the fish would be ok the inverts would not and those dying off could cause a big nitrate spike

question superman, in your opinion , moved a fair bit of live rock the other day, 120 miles overnight, could not keep it wet but only damp, it got cold, not freezing but cold, put in large buckets as soon as home and brought temps up slowly so no cold warm shock to anything living, following day all moved into the tank i purchased at the same time, no ammonia or nitrite readings but nitrates at 40 ppm 4 days later , live rock wieghs in excess of 40k when would you estimate the nitrate spike to drop off, water flow around the tank is three seperate feeds at a total of 2000 lph, before you ask theres nothing else in the tank bar what was on the rocks, seen a couple of small snails and the sea squirts are starting to reinflate and be seen, odd fan worm as well, skimmers on full belt and pulling some gunk out the water, 96 ltrs of mature water used with 100 ltrs of fresh made up water, sg is 1.025 at 80c
[snapback]891546[/snapback]​

If you would like to start a new thread regarding this I would love to give you my thoughts, otherwise I can just PM you if that would be better for you. I think that we have all hijacked this thread enough, sorry Adrianne.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back