The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Moony42

Fish Crazy
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
HELLO GUYS [SORRY I AM USING CAPS LOCK, I AM PARANOID]

MY FAVORITE BETTA HAS A HUGE PORTION OF HIS FIN MISSING. HE LOOKS ACTIVE AND FINE. I THOUGHT IT WAS FIN TEAR BUT IN A MONTH IT HAS NOT HEALED. ALSO THE WATER OF THE TANK IS GREEN AND DIRTY AND FULL OF ALGAE. PLEASE HELP ME. POSSIBLY WITHOUT ANY FILTER NEEDING HELP. PLS HELP I LOVE HIM WITH MY HEART!!!!!!!!!

MY FAVORITE BETTA HAS A HUGE PORTION OF HIS FIN MISSING. HE LOOKS ACTIVE AND FINE. I THOUGHT IT WAS FIN TEAR BUT IN A MONTH IT HAS NOT HEALED. ALSO THE WATER OF THE TANK IS GREEN AND DIRTY AND FULL OF ALGAE. PLEASE HELP ME. POSSIBLY WITHOUT ANY FILTER NEEDING HELP. PLS HELP I LOVE HIM WITH MY HEART!!!!!!!!!
We need a pic, please.

I'm not answering any more questions when people shout at me with caps.

You should also know the routine for this by now, pictures of sick fish, and do lots of big daily water changes until we work out what is going on. Test your water and post results, etc.

If you haven't read the following, then please read it. It tells you why fish get sick and basic first aid for them.
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/

I don’t blame him for shouting out in caps, his betta is sick, and bettas are like family. :)

But.......we will need water parameters, tank size, how often you do water changes, etc. ;)

Since nobody has worked the problem out, I will tell you. Dirty water encourages algae and other microscopic organisms to grow in the water. The microscopic organisms include bacteria, fungus, and various other things that can get into the wound/ damaged tissue and prevent it from healing.

Poor water quality also weakens the fish's immune system, and this makes it harder for the fish to heal itself.

Change the water every day for at least a couple of weeks and feed him a varied diet to build him up physically. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

:D.
Bro dont worry. I have halfmoon betta. His tail was getting rotten. I asked on this forum also. Colin and others helped lot. And one thing is working for me.
Clean almond leaves and put in tap water and boil it. After cooling down add dechlorinator drops as per suggested on label. And keep this water for 24 hrs. And then use it for betta. This is good thing i have experienced.

:D.
Bro dont worry. I have halfmoon betta. His tail was getting rotten. I asked on this forum also. Colin and others helped lot. And one thing is working for me.
Clean almond leaves and put in tap water and boil it. After cooling down add dechlorinator drops as per suggested on label. And keep this water for 24 hrs. And then use it for betta. This is good thing i have experienced.
Use it if its not fin rot.
Normal water or bore water cause such problems with long fin bettas.

Thanks guys. CollinT I have sent you a conversation. Please read and respond, will you?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back