Help ASAP please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Tj1616p

Reaction score
Hi guys
So I got a danio from pet smart a month ago which had a ich disease that killed all my fish and so I waited another 3 weeks for it to die and raised the temp did water changes cleaned gravel etc. I bought 5 guppies and a algae eater for my 10 gallon and my algae already died and I see white stuff on some of the guppies. I have a melaxfix bottle but that wouldnā€™t work. Please help on how to save my fishhhhh

Hi, Is your 10 gallon tank cycled? Do you have any plants? What fish are currently alive in the tank?

Yes itā€™s cycled, I had other fish prior before the ich killed them all unless Iā€™m suppose to restart the cycle? I was told since the fish died the ich will die since thereā€™s no host and to turn the heat. Today I bought 5 guppies and a small algae eater and the algae eater died while some of the others are acting strange. One I thought died but somehow floated again. What can I do? I added salt and raised the heat but Iā€™m not sure if that will help. I donā€™t want to come from work and see them dead

How long did you wait to restock your tank after the first bout of ich killed all your fish?

I have had good experiences with the Aquarium Co Op quarantine trio meds. I managed to save some fish that way in a similar emergency situation.

In that case you may have lost your beneficial bacteria which would require again cycling your tank. Do you have a test kit? If yes, what are the results?

I have had good experiences with the Aquarium Co Op quarantine trio meds. I managed to save some fish that way in a similar emergency situation.
I donā€™t think pet smart would have that nor if I order would it come in on time. I just donā€™t want my fish to be dead after coming home you know. I have melafix but that wonā€™t work I think. I added salt

In that case you may have lost your beneficial bacteria which would require again cycling your tank. Do you have a test kit? If yes, what are the results?
So what would you suggest for me to do before the fish die? Should I get something at the pet store?

If you have a test kit and if your ammonia or nitrites read more than 0, you would have to do a 75% waterchange and refill with dechlorinated water (seachem prime is best). Repeat daily anytime ammonia or nitate is higher than 0.

I have the stress coat not seachem itā€™s api and keep doing water changes everyday and this will save them?

The API stress coat will work as a dechlorinator. You can choose to buy bacteria starter, and if you end up with a brand that works you will certainly be better off than not having used it. I can't advise you on a brand to use though as I have never used one myself. Daily water changes will certainly help combat what is going on, though I'm not sure we've fully established what in addition to an uncycled tank could be causing your fishs symptoms.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back