Help About Outdoor Fish Tank Is It Ok?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

ramis

Reaction score
hello guys i need some facts about putting a fish tank outdoor at the moment i have 7ft tank inside my house and i want to add another 4ft but it my wife would want me to add it inside the house so my only option is outside but it has a shed that will protect it from rain and other things but all i want to know is, will my fish survive on winter time and how much will my heater be working to provide the heat i want, will it be running 24/7 isnt it abit costy

help guys people have the eperience tell me some facts pls

many thanks
ramis :)

Hi if your setting up a tank in a shed why not set up a rack of tanks and start a fish house? That way you could heat all the tanks together through a central system and you could also get some fibreglass to insulate the shed to keep the heat in as the heater will only heat up if the temperature in the tank drops below what the heater is set too so if you can keep the tank well insulated the heater wont have to work so hard. There are quite a few guides on how to build a fish house with insulations all over the net in the members pictures section of this site a guy called Tikkariman (user name obvs haha) has build a big ray tank and I believe he shows some of his process early on could be useful :)

Wills

Most reactions

Back