Hello!

DuchessNeeka

Reaction score
Hi, new person here - my name is Veronica - .... not extremely new to the hobby. I do have 5 tanks (2x 55g and 3x 29g). I've found it helps me with anxiety, panic attacks and PTSD.

I have an ugly tank with several tetras, a bully bristlenose pleco, and herd of Corydoras. It was my first setup, I've almost finished my last 29g so I'll be getting back to it to rescape it afterward.
My other 55g is Angelfish, Corydoras, Assassin Snails (I sell them) and a SAE. I also have guppies - I have a fraternity in with the tetra tank and a sorority in with angelfish

My 29g tanks all house a male betta
- Dumbo Halfmoon is Caraxes aka dumb dumb
- Twin Tail Halfmoon is Viserion
- Galaxy Koi Plakat is Orion

They're all housed with Amanos, 2 have RCS in both red and another in pumpkin, small groups of corydoras (because I thought it'd be fun to raise some). One tank has 5 Otos (I love them). Caraxes is in the newer tank, it has Amanos, a baby spotted cory and I've just added pygmy cories and OMG so cute!!! I only got 6 and regretted it so I've ordered more... and a school of 15 chili rasboras.... especially since they had the aponogeton bulbs I've been after. I don't murder them lol

I am still pretty new with plants. I do well with the easy stuff (anubias, java ferns, bulb plants, moss, etc). I do have lucky bamboo that I've grown myself in a tank.
Pictures are of one of my tanks - Caraxes used to live in it but now Orion does and Caraxes lives in the lucky bamboo forest now as king of the pygmies.
Picture of Caraxes and Orion - I can't get a good picture of Viserion. They never show his teal colours right.

Other than that, I have a 73lb American Pitbull Terrier named Pixel who will be 2 on 6/22. He is my baby, my doggie soulmate. We have 2 other dogs in the house - a pug/pekingese mix named Ipsy and a liver spotted Dalmation named Cheerio. We have 2 black cats, a female named Khole and a male named Hai. I also have an 11 year old creamsicle motley cornsnake.

I work in mobile solutions - managing company mobile accounts (work phones, work routers, etc with Verizon, AT&T, and a lot of other carriers around the world). I enjoy my job. I work from home. I speak 3 languages fluently (4 if you count ASL). I have 2 degrees. I lived in South Korea for 2 years and I miss it. I now live in very south Louisiana where if the wind is blowing the right direction, you can smell the gulf.

Umm, I'm a super introvert. I love shoes. My boyfriend plays video games for a living. I enjoy art and movies/tv especially fantasy or horror.

20221104_103445.jpg
314654940_10224370417341408_8541967785604051213_n.jpg

313429624_10224351416346395_8491422394371980341_n.jpg

+1 on the health benefit convo.
Having a corner in the office helps me with work induced stress. This hobby rules. Second only to motorcycles but a lot less weather dependent.

Hello and welcome to this forum. The water keeping hobby is excellent for mental health. If you enjoy keeping several tanks, like I do, the hobby can also be good exercise! We're also keeping other pets, like parakeets and several cats.

10 Tanks (Now 11)

So right on the mental health! It definitely helps me keep my head going well!
Glad you found peace in this hobby as well!

Love your bettas! Especially that first one!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to TFF.
Please enter one of your Bettas in the ongoing Fish of the Month contest.

And enter your tanks in an upcoming Tank of the Month contest. The July tank of the month will feature tanks sized at 17 to 30 gallons. August contest will be for 31 gallon and larger tanks.

Welcome. Your bettas look great. I especially like the first one and think that looks like a future winner for fish of the month. Please enter him in the contest.

Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
Those are some nice looking bettas you've got...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back