What's new

Hello

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰
But not in hard water
Can peacock gudgeons be in hard water like that? I thought there were reports of them ain harder waters but I'm unsure... Also you couldn't switch them from a softwater environment to a hard water one... They would be put into a shock

We need hardwater options then...
And I'm not familiar with hard water fish so....

The usual recommendations for hard water are the common livebearers, rainbowfish (a couple of species are soft water so it's advisable to check before buying) and for very hard water and a suitable tank Rift Lake cichlids.

The usual recommendations for hard water are the common livebearers, rainbowfish (a couple of species are soft water so it's advisable to check before buying) and for very hard water and a suitable tank Rift Lake cichlids.
Rainbow fish... Yes but isn't the tank a bit too small? (Footprint wise)

But not in hard water
That's why I put mostly (3/4) "bottled" drinking
Oh nooo...
Dude, that's why I put in 3/4 bottled water that had multiple steps of RO, 1 micron filtration, deionized.....there's not much left in it. I'll get a master test kit when i get paid in about a week to see where everything is at, both in the tank, from the bottle filling station near my house, & from the next town that seems to have a lot better (tasting) water. My friends living there have Hillstreams breeding like bunnies & I make it in there at least once weekly & really don't mind hauling buckets for water changes to maintain parameters where I want them.

Sounds really good as long as your willing and able to pay for that for every water change

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back