Hello!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

being the same age as mum's who have teenagers makes me feel pretty old, lol!
My parents had me when they were a little older... I think she is 47 now (I dont keep track lol) but I know she is in her 40s and my dad is 56? I forget lol. But the amazing thing is, is that I have an 8 yo brother

Whoops! Sorry :blush: lol. My elderly brain you see, struggles to keep up! ;):lol:

Why thank you! 38 sounds pretty old even to me... it creeps up on you fast!

Spooked me a bit to learn I'm exactly the same age as @OliveFish05 's mum... I didn't have kids myself, so being the same age as mum's who have teenagers makes me feel pretty old, lol!

It's normal for teens to think of anyone over the age of say, 25, as being old. To a lot of people that's "proper adult" age, and to think of anyone younger than you as a kid you can't relate to at all! Once you reach your 20s and 30s, age doesn't matter to you so much. I hate to break it to you guys, but you also never reach a magical point where you truly feel like a "proper grown up". It just creeps up on you in stages, usually marked by life events.

Getting older isn't so bad though! Once you're in your thirties you're still young enough to enjoy yourself, but you also care less what others think of you, have a better sense of who you are as a person (usually), and you're usually independent by then. Older people also don't seem so ancient when you realise how fast a decade passes!

No one, of any age, has life all figured out either. There are 14 year old geniuses, and 80 year old idiots. I don't know more about fishkeeping than any of you youngsters just because I'm the same age as your mothers (!), so always do your own research and question the sources :)
To me 30s-40s is an amazing age... Old enough to know some things and young enough to still do a lot. So I agree with you. But you're also right about teens being smart and older ones being idiots... Kinda like the virus, some kids want to protect themselves from it but older ones are like: "My body, my right. I dont want to wear a mask" which I could understand the my body, my right thing if it was like an abortion or something but masks are different. But some teens are also feeling like they shouldn't have to wear a mask cause they think the virus wont effect them... And blah blah blah now I'm just talking to much I think ya get it now lol.

I think we need to say sorry to the OP for going off topic... Sorry Kolton, I tend to get off topic sometimes. Please forgive all of us for going off topic.

I have no idea what forum you're all referring to, but it sounds as though there's been a recent exodus..! (someone pm me the gossip! ;) ). But I can confidently claim that despite not knowing what forum it is, or anything about it, that we're obviously better. Ahem.
MFK, monster fish keepers. It is a site for, shall we say, the ''less discerning'' fish keeper. I have been there for 15 years even though I don't keep large or aggressive fish anymore. As I grow older I appreciate more the zen of a peaceful community.

MFK, monster fish keepers. It is a site for, shall we say, the ''less discerning'' fish keeper. I have been there for 15 years even though I don't keep large or aggressive fish anymore. As I grow older I appreciate more the zen of a peaceful community.
Although, lets all be honest.... there is a small part of all of us who want to own a large fish like a gar or arowana... I think we all have at least a tiny spark in us that want to

Although, lets all be honest.... there is a small part of all of us who want to own a large fish like a gar or arowana... I think we all have at least a tiny spark in us that want to
Been there, done that, bought the T shirt. That ship has long since sailed for me. I would rather keep a shoal of 1000 cardinal tetras that an Asian aro anyday.

Been there, done that, bought the T shirt. That ship has long since sailed for me. I would rather keep a shoal of 1000 cardinal tetras that an Asian aro anyday.
Lol... I think Id like the chance to... Just not now. But sometimes I think its not a good idea

@Kolton13
You should enter your bearded dragon or axolotl in our Pet of the Month contest which is accepting entries around september 14th.

You can enter just one of them in the contest

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back