Hello!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Welcome to TFF! :hi:

Just want to say how much I love this photo you took!
awesomeEerieAxolotylPhoto.jpeg

The lighting makes him look so eerie, almost alien! It's a fantastic photograph, keep practicing your photography and taking pics, because you have a good eye! This one especially is awesome.
Looking good @Kolton13 !! Things are a bit more ''refined'' here, compared to that other forum that I see you at ;). @I Like Rare Fish even behaves a little better here :rofl:

Same here! Mwahahaha the forum is being taken over!;):rofl:

This forum gives off a calm vibe, whereas the forum is intense. And I’m an older member than you. Now bow down to me!!!

I have no idea what forum you're all referring to, but it sounds as though there's been a recent exodus..! (someone pm me the gossip! ;) ). But I can confidently claim that despite not knowing what forum it is, or anything about it, that we're obviously better. Ahem.

Love your tanks! Also were almost the same age im 15, gonna be 16 this year. Love your beardie and axolotl!

Same here! Mwahahaha the forum is being taken over!;):rofl:

Now now you young whippersnappers! There are plenty of us oldies around these parts still!
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Precisely ;)
Kids these days! With their social medias, fidget spinners and scooters - they don't know they're born! Hrumph.

Kids these days! With their social medias, fidget spinners and scooters - they don't know they're born! Hrumph.
Gonna prove ya wrong in 3...2...1...
1st I dont have a social media (not counting this site)
2nd used to have a fidget spinner but dont cause I realized their boring
3rd I have never owned a scooter.

And I highly respect veterans of life and aquarium keeping
Don't worry, I was only teasing! I have a silly sense of humour ;) :lol: I was just trying to think of fads that had basically passed, so I'd look even older and more like an out of touch grandma (for one thing I'm 38, not 88!)

Age also doesn't define your experience or knowledge! I've only really been in the hobby for a couple of years, haven't kept nearly so many species as you have, and I'm old enough to be your mother. There are very knowledgeable and experienced young people in this hobby, and plenty of clueless adults of all ages, so age is just a number when it comes to this hobby. :)

Join in, have fun, and share lots of photos!

Same here, no Tik Tok, Instagram, or Snap Chat for me! I too had a fidget spinner. That was such an odd phase. I used to have this creepy old neighbor who salvaged old metal scraps and junk from the dump, and he gave us scooters:shifty: I think I still have mine... Sometimes I think "I wonder how many people have used this before me?"

Age also doesn't define your experience or knowledge! I've only really been in the hobby for a couple of years, haven't kept nearly so many species as you have, and I'm old enough to be your mother.
Yup, my mother is 38 and thinks its ok to keep bettas in 1 gallon bowlso_O

Don't worry, I was only teasing! I have a silly sense of humour ;) :lol: I was just trying to think of fads that had basically passed, so I'd look even older and more like an out of touch grandma (for one thing I'm 38, not 88!)

Age also doesn't define your experience or knowledge! I've only really been in the hobby for a couple of years, haven't kept nearly so many species as you have, and I'm old enough to be your mother. There are very knowledgeable and experienced young people in this hobby, and plenty of clueless adults of all ages, so age is just a number when it comes to this hobby. :)

Join in, have fun, and share lots of photos!
You have kept more fish than me... I'm not the op... Lol. Btw 38 is still young, I dont consider someone old until like 65... 50 is getting there (this is all my opinion and I dont mean to offend anyone)

Yup, my mother is 38 and thinks its ok to keep bettas in 1 gallon bowlso_O

Sadly a very common practice, and a belief held by many people based on misinformation and lack of proper research. Goldfish and bettas probably the two most mistreated species in the hobby, and often owned by people who aren't meaning to be cruel, but don't really know a lot about fish.

You have kept more fish than me... I'm not the op... Lol.
Whoops! Sorry :blush: lol. My elderly brain you see, struggles to keep up! ;):lol:

Btw 38 is still young, I dont consider someone old until like 65... 50 is getting there (this is all my opinion and I dont mean to offend anyone)

Why thank you! 38 sounds pretty old even to me... it creeps up on you fast!

Spooked me a bit to learn I'm exactly the same age as @OliveFish05 's mum... I didn't have kids myself, so being the same age as mum's who have teenagers makes me feel pretty old, lol!

It's normal for teens to think of anyone over the age of say, 25, as being old. To a lot of people that's "proper adult" age, and to think of anyone younger than you as a kid you can't relate to at all! Once you reach your 20s and 30s, age doesn't matter to you so much. I hate to break it to you guys, but you also never reach a magical point where you truly feel like a "proper grown up". It just creeps up on you in stages, usually marked by life events.

Getting older isn't so bad though! Once you're in your thirties you're still young enough to enjoy yourself, but you also care less what others think of you, have a better sense of who you are as a person (usually), and you're usually independent by then. Older people also don't seem so ancient when you realise how fast a decade passes!

No one, of any age, has life all figured out either. There are 14 year old geniuses, and 80 year old idiots. I don't know more about fishkeeping than any of you youngsters just because I'm the same age as your mothers (!), so always do your own research and question the sources :)

Sadly a very common practice, and a belief held by many people based on misinformation and lack of proper research. Goldfish and bettas probably the two most mistreated species in the hobby, and often owned by people who aren't meaning to be cruel, but don't really know a lot about fish.
Yeah, they genuinely don't know any better when that is basically all the chain stores promote.

I am not even close to knowing everything. Cichlids confuse me, so do PH, GH, and all the things in between. I keep my glass halfful. However, when I can help, I do, and when I do, I sound like I know everything about fishkeeping because I know things about this certain fish, or have researched tank sizes, plants, etc. But in reality, I don't.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back