Hello there

Sylvan

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello! I'm Sylvan, returning to fish keeping after quite a long break. I haven't had a tank since I was a kid and I've decided to start back up again now I have the space to do so. At the moment I have just one tank that I adopted from my sister when she moved out and I moved back in, a 5 gallon tank that has been running for over a couple of years as a shrimp tank. I've now introduced a male Betta to add a bit more colour and to act as population control for both the shrimp and the snails, that hitch hiked into the tank on a plant my sister put in when the tank was hers, as both have had fairly large population booms over the last year. This tank will stay as it is now with probably a few adjustments to the plant life and what's in there as I want the shrimp to have plenty of hiding places, they've got plenty now but a few more never hurts, and so the Betta has plenty in there to keep him interested.

I'm planning to get a second tank quite soon as I have the space for a much larger tank. There will possibly be a third tank as I have been offered one but I don't know how big it actually is yet and I do like the idea of a large tank. In either case I hope to be starting to set one of them up quite soon. I haven't finished decided quite what fish I want yet, I'm toying with the idea of a sorority tank or if the third tank is a similar size to the one I've already got then getting another male Betta. I definitely want a large tank though, I'm pretty certain on that at least. It's just what to put in it but I have plenty of time to decide before it's ready.

This is my male Betta, he hasn't got a name yet other than Fish as I can't decide on one for him. It's not the best picture as my phone doesn't like focusing when it's that close up and by the time it has focused he's moved on.
FB_IMG_1564263780661.jpg

Hello, and welcome to the forum! :hi:

What a beautiful fish! You should enter him in the “Betta of the month” contest, starting in August! :)

(I think a good name would be typhoon! ;))

(Please go vote for the July POTM contest, by clicking the banner at the top of your screen, Thanks!) :) :thanks:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back