Hello, just joined TFF :) Can someone help me identify this fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

You're so welcome!
Love when they wedge themselves somewhere odd like that (when they're not stuck, anyway!) have caught mine stretched out resting on a long cryptocoryne leaf, and resting like that in the space between the tank glass and the net of a net breeder box :lol: Of course the minute I grabbed the camera to get a photo, he wriggled away.

Also saw you said about a video, the video function on here doesn't work, but if you ever want to share a video, you can upload to youtube then share the link here, that's what most people do to share videos here :)
That's really what makes me laugh about some fish, they're like any other animal they will do as they please when they can, and for us that comes to some funny situations ?... but its hard to capture as you say, they are smart!

Ah I understand, thats cool, a video would be so much nicer to show. Thank you for that, as I get used to using the forum, I will get the hang of it all! :)

Hello guys, been trying to find the correct rocks for the scape, I chose lava rock as I love the pourous and rough texture, the dark colours are a good contrast to the sand. Ive got a few plants too, but currently, im trying to find a hob filter as my original plan of having an internal filter didnt work as it takes to much space.

What do you think? My goal was to create 'valleys' between each rock for fish to swim, I also raised the sand on the right for added depth and to make the rocks appear taller without being too high up in the tank. Hope you are all well :)

(p.s thats not the filter ill be using, was just testing something)
IMG_5302.jpg
IMG_5303.jpg

Hello guys, been trying to find the correct rocks for the scape, I chose lava rock as I love the pourous and rough texture, the dark colours are a good contrast to the sand. Ive got a few plants too, but currently, im trying to find a hob filter as my original plan of having an internal filter didnt work as it takes to much space.

What do you think? My goal was to create 'valleys' between each rock for fish to swim, I also raised the sand on the right for added depth and to make the rocks appear taller without being too high up in the tank. Hope you are all well :)

(p.s thats not the filter ill be using, was just testing something)
Ooh this is really nice! Would you mind me saving these photos for inspiration? It looks beautiful.
What fish are you planning on keeping here, if any aside from what you already have.

Of course no problem, its a little bare right now, but will be fitting some lovely plants soon...more pics coming! Just trying to source a good light and filter without breaking the bank!

Im pretty much going to be putting the fish that came with the tank when I got it, which I believe are:

- 1x blue gourami
- 4x dominos
- 1x black fin tetra (i believe its the one that grows quite large)
- 1x Yoyo loach
- 2x electric blue rams

Im going to also add my mollie fry (6 months old now). Im not sure if he bought a good combination of fish, but so far since he got them he hasnt had any issues he told me. :)

Hello everyone, sorry for the lateness in getting things done. I have spent a lot of time gathering all the equipment I needed as I wanted specific filters and heaters etc, also lockdown makes things harder.

Im happy to show you the tank after almost a week of being set up. Plants still need to grow, tank is stocked with an amazon sword, dozens of bacopa's in the back left and a pair of echinodorus ozelot's. I chose some nice red lava rock, which I really like. Im also using a rock to keep the driftwood down until it sinks.

Perhaps someone could weigh in about the lights. Im using a 12w Fluval aquasky 2.0, still figuring out the best way to program it, but so far its at 50% power and will be increased to 100% in a few weeks to gradually allow plants to absorb nutrients. Im already getting a little algae on the bottom sides of glass, but could be the root tabs.

Do you think this light will suffice, or should I upgrade to a bigger aquasky perhaps the 16w (58cm)? I currently don't have the money for the fluval plant 3.0, but one day haha.

Hope everyone is doing well :)

IMG_5347.jpg
IMG_5422.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back