Hello everyone.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all, after many years without a tank, last year I dropped on a bargain in the local area while getting over an operation and while I couldn't lift, friends helped site it. Now I researched a lot and found in 30yrs there is tons of info out there so alls good.
I have 120ltr bullet tank containing
5 green barbs
6 danios
4 gouramis
3 angels
2 cory
20 neon
All get on fine, tho did lose 2 neon when I put them in as barbs were hungry
Happy to lean more on here

It looked like you are quite overstocked. Have you heard of the one inch of fish per gallon rule? Your tank is 31 gallons. Here is the sizes of the fish you have currently:
Angel: 8 inches
Green barb: almost 3 inches
Danios: 1 inch or if larger, giant danios are 3
Corys: 2-3 inches
Neons: 1 inch
And gouramis depending on the species, can be anywhere between 2inches to over 6

Also, cory catfish are schooling fish and will become stressed and more prone to illness if not placed in a group of at least 6

As your angel fish grow, the neons and possibly the danios will become tasty meals for them.

If you are able, I would reccomend getting another tank of the same size, and moving your Angelfish, gouramis, and barbs into that one. This is partly because they are all semi aggressive fish and do not always do well in a community aquarium. It would also split the "inches to gallons" more evenly, though still be a little high.

Sorry for all of the information thrown at you all at once! Good luck!

Sorry, I agree with @JuiceBox52 your tank appears to be overcrowded and a bad mix of fish. I have a 55 gallon-208 Liter tank. Stocked with 12 neon, 5 ember, 6 glow light and 8 red eye tetras and 2 cory. all are small community fish along with some snails. I like the 20 neons you have that is a great number for a shoal.

Thanks for the advise and I do tend to agree about numbers but they are all ok for now. As for the mix, I wasn't aware as years ago I had similar and even now a friend has very similar but with turtles in as well and he has no issues. I change water regular, keep it clean and watch feeding so fingers crossed it will continue to work.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back