Heavily pregnant guppy developed lump

Chloemilner

New Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2021
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
New Zealand
Hi there,
I have a heavily pregnant guppy and I have just noticed a lump under her belly / anal area. Has anyone experienced this? Poor thing is huge so much had a few babies in there… I haven’t seen this before with our others who have had babies.
 

Attachments

  • 42935A5F-5B09-462A-9D7F-62D89B23FDB3.webp
    42935A5F-5B09-462A-9D7F-62D89B23FDB3.webp
    308.1 KB · Views: 208
  • CF6DA1B9-108D-4018-9B8C-1087826E5A85.webp
    CF6DA1B9-108D-4018-9B8C-1087826E5A85.webp
    262.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 608A982A-8982-45DF-8857-AC17E75DEF11.webp
    608A982A-8982-45DF-8857-AC17E75DEF11.webp
    267.2 KB · Views: 115
Hi there,
I have a heavily pregnant guppy and I have just noticed a lump under her belly / anal area. Has anyone experienced this? Poor thing is huge so much had a few babies in there… I haven’t seen this before with our others who have had babies.
Do you think it could be from her having do many babies in her?
 
The fish probably has a growth inside her.
The pink bump is either an egg or her ovipositor sticking out a bit due to the mass inside her. No cure for this.

If the fish stops eating and does stringy white poop, or has trouble swimming or breathing, then euthanise it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top