Heaven In A Bowl Ice Cream

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

geo7x

resistance is futile......
Reaction score
I found this ice cream recipe and trust me it is absolute heaven! If you like sweetened condensed milk (come on, you know you love the stuff) then you will love this, there are these caramel bits you can make and put in, which i will add later in the thread, but i prefer to just have the ice cream on its own. yum yum. here is the basic ice cream recipe, without the caramel bits.
go straight to the caramel part if you want to make the caramel bits, when the caramel is finished, then you do the ice cream
Ingredients:
450ml (3/4 pint) double cream
one 400g can condensed milk
one 142ml carton single cream.
Utensils:
measuring jug or two
mixing bowl (unless you are mixing in the measuring jug which i sometimes do)
electric whisk
clean empty ice cream tub or just any freezerproof container.

Recipe:

Whisk the double cream until it just holds its shape, then stir in condensed milk and single cream (and the caramel bits if you want to do that) , thats the making bit done, easy isnt it? Spoon into the freezerproof container and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight. Now i have to warn you it is quite hard when you first get it out, but i figured that if you have it for dessert after the 'main course', then you could probably get the ice cream out of the freezer and into the fridge while youre eating the main course, so that it is perfect when you come to have dessert.
Finish here if you just want to make the ice cream

Now, here is, in my opinion. the pointless bit (although you can see how good you find it), the caramel pieces.

Ingredients:
60g (2 1/2oz) soft brown sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda

Utensils:
medium sized saucepan
probably best to have one of those egg timer thingys
a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper
extra greaseproof paper
rolling pin

Recipe:

In the medium sized saucepan melt the sugar with the golden syrup, bring to the boil and cook for exactly 4 minutes (set the timer to be sure)
While the mixture is bubbling, line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper, then set aside. Once the caramel is cool and has hardened, cover it with the other sheet of greaseproof paper and bash it up with a rolling pin to make bite sized shards. (now it is ready to add to the un frozen ice cream) When my nan made this she did not have too much luck with making it, and it did not work. Personally, i do not particularly like the thought of having 'shards' in my ice cream, and i thought it would ruin the lovely velvety texture of the ice cream.
I would love someone to make this and would be interested in any feedback given.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back