Heater Recommendations

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JemZ

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Any recommendations for heaters? I have Aqueon ones which never seem to be on and the water is usually cold. The tanks in question are 10 and 7 gallons respectively.

I had a Tetra one before which malfunctioned and almost overheated the water so I am not sure I would like to buy it again, although it was otherwise a good heater which lasted me a while.

For my 13 gallon I use a Tetra 50 watt preset one... Had it for just over three months now and I've never had an issue with it. It's from the starter line, came with the starter line tank and such.

For my 13 gallon I use a Tetra 50 watt preset one... Had it for just over three months now and I've never had an issue with it. It's from the starter line, came with the starter line tank and such.
That's actually the one I was talking about haha

I'm not sure, I might give it another chance since malfunctions can happen to any equipment

That's actually the one I was talking about haha

I'm not sure, I might give it another chance since malfunctions can happen to any equipment
Aah I understand. Hopefully it's just a one-off... As I've said I've not had a single problem with mine, stays at the right temperature at all times and haven't had a single problem with it. How long have you been using yours?

Aah I understand. Hopefully it's just a one-off... As I've said I've not had a single problem with mine, stays at the right temperature at all times and haven't had a single problem with it. How long have you been using yours?

I actually got it with the 10 gallons when I first got it, I don't remember if a worker sold it to me or it came with the tank. I had it for around two years with no problems until I noticed the water was very warm and all of the fish were gasping for air. I've had an Aqueon since then, which was in summer and it just is always very cold.

It's interesting to note that I have Aqueon heaters in both tanks and both don't appear to do a good job of keeping the water warm. So to compensate I have to plug the heaters in and out to get them to work which is weird; they should turn on by themselves.

I actually got it with the 10 gallons when I first got it, I don't remember if a worker sold it to me or it came with the tank. I had it for around two years with no problems until I noticed the water was very warm and all of the fish were gasping for air. I've had an Aqueon since then, which was in summer and it just is always very cold.

It's interesting to note that I have Aqueon heaters in both tanks and both don't appear to do a good job of keeping the water warm. So to compensate I have to plug the heaters in and out to get them to work which is weird; they should turn on by themselves.
Ooh, wow, that sounds really worrying actually. I'll keep an eye on my own just in case... Hope that your hunt for a heater goes well!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back