Heater for 5 gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

myrxn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know a heater that is good for a 5 gallon tank and doesnā€™t use a lot of power? Iā€™m in the uk also, thx

tetra makes a reasonably priced 50 watt heater that is preset to 78 degrees. I have had it for over 2 years. It is very accurate. Downside is if you needed to treat ich with heat , it cannot be adjusted upward. So far, for me, it has been a very dependable heater. It has a red light when it is in heating mode, and a green light when it is not heating. It is pretty small.

The heater in my shrimp died a few weeks ago. I bought a Visitherm 50 watt heater to replace it as most small heaters are too long for small tanks. In the past I've used Sera heaters but I couldn't find one when I discovered the broken heater - I see there are now some on Ebay!

The heater in my shrimp died a few weeks ago. I bought a Visitherm 50 watt heater to replace it as most small heaters are too long for small tanks. In the past I've used Sera heaters but I couldn't find one when I discovered the broken heater - I see there are now some on Ebay!
is the one you have now a good one?

The visitherm seems to be working fine. Like all heaters, you have to go by the water temperature not the dial to get the setting right, but one you get the setting right it keeps the temp stable.
When I had the Sera, that worked fine as well.

Most reactions

trending

Back