He is so bloated!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Snap out of it girl or I'll kick your butt. :)

You worry about making mistakes, we all make mistakes. I made some doozies when I was younger. I wiped out tanks full of fish just trying to treat them for white spot, fungus and all sorts of things.

The only thing you should worry about when it comes to making mistakes, is not learning from them and making the same ones over and over again.

Everyone is telling you the same thing. I keep a book and make notes. It becomes a great resource and at times, comical. Biggest thing I want to say is quit saying you want to kill yourself every time something goes wrong. I don’t know what your belief is, but I believe God gave you your life and you have a responsibility to Him to make the best of it! Killing yourself is not even an option. After a while, it gets you very little attention. So put your big girl panties on and enjoy today for what it is. Each day has a new story. It’s up to you to finish it with a happy ending. I use to have very bad depressive episodes. People cared but after awhile, they quit coming around because nobody likes a “Debbie Downer”. That happens to be my name too! So get off your pitty potty and enjoy life. If I could learn to do it, so can you!

Last edited:
So put your big girl pantries on and enjoy today for what it is.
I love typos :)

Lots of people suffer from depression and it can get better. I have suffered from depression and post traumatic stress disorder (ptsd) since I was 18 and it started after I got hit by a car and ended up with crushed vertebrate in my back and neck, and massive brain damage. I have also lost everything I owned and cared about. I lost all my pets and plants. I lost photos and videos of my girls who are dead. I lost all my friends and family and I live in constant pain.

There are plenty of days when I think about killing myself but then I come on here and see people asking for help with their fish. So I try to lose myself in the forum and hope I feel better mentally, afterwards. And most of the time I do feel better.

Yes you probably feel unhappy and depressed currently, but life will get better for you. Just try to be happy you are alive and well and can walk and talk and wipe your own butt. There are plenty of people out there that are worse off than you and me. They struggle through life and keep going day after day even though they have nothing or are in constant pain and can't get around.

Your life will get better in the next few years. You just need to keep going until it does. In the mean time, go out for a walk or ride a bike, visit pet shops and look at the fish and animals, take a camera and photograph flowers in the garden. Enjoy yourself and try to stress less. Life will get better.

I agree with @Colin_T, and @Deanasue. Keep notes, last summer a bunch of the fish from my pond died after a storm for some reason. After that we all made a mental note to cover the pond with a big umbrella. Things like that can help you in the future. Saying your going to kill yourself is horrible, think about how everyone of your friends and family would react if they heard you say that

I always make mistakes, since the beginning of fish keeping to today
here are my list;

- add 15 mollies and swordtails in 13 gallon tank
- add 3 crayfish in that tank which kill and eat all swordtails
- those 3 crayfish died of me forgot to plug in the oxygen pump
- bought 13 kuhli loaches, forgot to cover the tank, 10 jump out of the tank and died
- silver dollar in 10 gallons, misinformation of pet shop
and about 100 more of my mistake

@Salty&Onion
The more you worry the more mistakes you will make! The stress you are feeling and thats circling you will effect people, animals and the atmosphere around you!
It’s horrible when you don’t feel worthy but you are and sometimes you just need to take a deep breathe and clear your mind.
Thinking negatively will cause a negative environment..... PMA Baby..... positive mental attitude will attract positive energy!
I spent years worrying myself sick and it’s really not worth it.... worrying won’t change the outcome it will just make you feel pants. Also fresh air is a winner, take a walk! And laughing at nothing helps get the good feelings going, even though your neighbours might think your mad! Relax and enjoy your fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back