Having A Hard Time

bloatedguppy

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm having a hard time deciding if I going to start an 100gal freshwate aquarium or start saltwater. One thing I find ironic is its about the same price to get a big freshwater tank as it is a small saltwater tank. I was thinking about making a small reef tank with a 14 gal biocube as they look awsome with saltwater but I also have enough confidence and more smarts to start a 100gal freshwater tank. I got some books today on saltwater and they do have a bit more matinance but not an awful lot, but the only thing is you can only have so much fish vs freshwater. It feels like I'm taking some steps back to as you need to know about other appliences like skimmers which arent hard, and sea salt. I just don't know whats a better idea if anyone has oppions please let me know.
 
Go with freshwater, 14g is very small for a beginner in saltwater. The recommended minimum for a beginner is 55g's, more room for mistakes.
 
Thats what my book says! and everyone has there oppion and I think a 14 gal be fine since I'm only gonna have like 2-3 fish but I'm still trying to decide.
 
I still highly recommended a bigger tank for a beginner. If you want to know more of why ask in the marine section, they can tell you alot more then I can, I'm very limited in my marine knowledge.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top