Have You Ever Redecorated Your Whole Tank?

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
4,074
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Location
US
So I re did my whole 36 Gal tank. I'm pretty happy with it so far. The plants need to fill in and it will look great. As of now it still new looking.

I took it all apart. Took the fish out and re did the substrate put in new rocks and moved the wood around and added another chunk. What do you think?

I would love to see your before and after photos and hear about your tank remodel and if you liked it or not.
before
P4110009.jpg


After ( it's a bit blurry)
P7010498.jpg
 
That loks waaay better :good: Much more natural and I think gravel just isn't a patch on sand for looks :)
 
Great Job ! Looks Great ! Sand gives it a much more natural feel to the tank .I've stripped mine down a few times changed from gravel & plastic plants to sand and live plants

Last FTS before i changed it
DSC00164.jpg


My Favourite Scape so far
DSC02900.jpg


And Last FTS ...About 1 month or so ago ...changed since then tho ! lol
tankplants.jpg
 
I agree it looks a lot more natural! How difficult was it to get everything out? I would love to change my pebble substrate to sand, but it looks too much like hard work! What did you do with the fishies while you were doing the re-vamp?

Also did you put any fertiliser or aqua soil under the sand for the plants?
 
I agree it looks a lot more natural! How difficult was it to get everything out? I would love to change my pebble substrate to sand, but it looks too much like hard work! What did you do with the fishies while you were doing the re-vamp?

Also did you put any fertiliser or aqua soil under the sand for the plants?

It's 3:00 am here and my baby will not sleep so here I am again.

Thanks guys
Nice tank Kizz the plants are looking good. Love the wood you added.

Well it took 2 hours to switch to sand. I did it all while my daughter napped. I had an empty 46 gal so I put that on the floor and filled it half way with aquarium water. Them pulled all décor and plants up. I put them all in the spare tank. With the water low I caught all the fish. It's stressful on the fish being moved.

I scooped all gravle up cleaned the gunk out as best as I could. Then added my precleaned sand. And put all back together. I bougt a new light and once that was in I put my plants in. So I put the fake plants back in till I got my live ones.

It was not that bad but it was work. I wanted a natural look so it was worth it. In this tank I did not put any plant substrate down I kind of wish I did. My 55 gal has some of that clay stuff as a first layer the plants love it. I will have to see how these plants do. I fert pelets in the sand and use excel so I hope that will be enough.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top