Hate My 29g Tank

wolfwolf

Fish Crazy
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
327
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Pennsylvania, USA
Hi All,

Have you ever put together a tank and just hated the way that it turned out? I have this trouble with my 29 gallon tank. It looks just terrible. I keep making small changes but its like putting lipstick on a pig.... It still stinks....

I want to tear it apart and make a heavily planted tank that happen to have some fish. The problem is my current stocking is fairly heavy. 10 harlequins, 1 danio, 5 chain loaches, 4 cories. I want to keep the harlequins and the chain loaches. But the cories and the danio have to go. I don't want to just kill the fish. Plus what do I do with the fish I want to keep while my new tank settles in with a plant friendly substrate?

I'm fairly cetain petsmart and petco will not take back a $.99 fish.

Maybe I just need some courage to tackle the task.
 
take them to a local fish shop, does it have to be petco? do you not have anymore?
get another tank, put the filter in the tank with the fishes ou want to keep, filter will stay matured,,,

if you can not take to a fish shop, try rehoming avertising on here or whats that website for the us, um something like free ads,gumtree :unsure:
 
if you can not take to a fish shop, try rehoming avertising on here or whats that website for the us, um something like free ads,gumtree :unsure:

Craigslist?
 
I recnetly did this but i had quite alot of fish. I managed to get 4 5 gallon tanks at £15 each. It did the job while I was getting the tanks all sorted. It was kind of like a holiday for them for them :)

After you have finished then just put them back in gradually.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top