Has Anyone Got A Trigon 190?

I don't think so, I think the tanks were the only part asside from the pumps that weren't outsourced :good: Juwel had too much cash invested in their high-tec tank building facility in Germany to just up-stage and leave in a hurry, that stayed put.
thank god!

cheers rabbut
 
There are only 5 people on a Juwel tank production line, spitting out about 1 tank every 60 seconds. 2 people load glass onto the robots, one person checks the tanks visually under a light for blemishes in the seals or marks that should'nt be there, and 2 further people load the tanks into boxes and position them on pallets... It's a highly automated and efficient process with virtualy zero QC failures, or tank failures that are premature (within the first 20 years service under normal conditions) from all tanks outputted. It is a wonderful set-up that can't be touched by any other tank maker realy for cost effective, high-quality production.

Fluval do nice tanks, but not as cheaply in production, nor as fast or accurate... Both Fluval and Juwel have top quality final products though for their tanks. Fluvals are a tad cheaper once they hit the shelves though, due to lower mark-up's and bulk buying discounts (work get 3-7 pallet loads, each of 30-100 tanks, at a time for the discount) and a further discount for collecting them in person...

All the best
Rabbut
 
Ordered it!!

Cheapest complete unit I could find online was £375 and my LFS matched it and will deliver it to my front room for free plus I trust their aftersales impeccably and any problems with the light unit will be quickly resolved.

Am excited now. I've wall mounted the 42" plasma so the room has different aesthetics and a corner unit will work so much better.

Plus I am not really downgrading much in volume as my current tank has so much slate in it, that isn't going into the Trigon, I will pull back a few gallons.

Woohoo nothing like a new tank!! This is my 9th or 10th tank change now lol.
 
Sorry I have another question!!

Will the Juwel structured background fit? 600 x 500, one each side without cutting it? I think the outer dimensions of each radius is 700 x 600 so I am hoping the 600 x 500 would fit the internal dimensions, can anyone confirm please?
 
Oh pleeeease someone answer my last question - its arriving tomorrow so I need to know a.s.a.p.
TY X
 
Not a clue TBH, but if you do fit one, it will need siliconing in. This is a 48 hour delay for setting up anyway, as this is how long the silicone will take to cure. I'd go speak to your LFS when you get chance (not often you hear me advising that lol) and see what backgrounds will fit, and to collect the silicone if you don't already have it. ;) The sales staff there will likely get asked that type of question many a time, and should know exactly what they are on about for a change :lol:

All the best
Rabbut
 
Sorry I have another question!!

Will the Juwel structured background fit? 600 x 500, one each side without cutting it? I think the outer dimensions of each radius is 700 x 600 so I am hoping the 600 x 500 would fit the internal dimensions, can anyone confirm please?
Just did rough measurements using a rule, should fit snugly height wise, but may leave a small gap length-ways - depends on how thick the backing is I guess.
 
Hiya thanks for the replies
It's coming tomorrow so will do some pics xx
 

Most reactions

Back
Top