Has Anyone Got A Trigon 190?

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
EDiT

I want to buy one but don't know if I can easily apply my Tetratec EX1200 to it without cutting anything?

Also can I remove the internal filter box it comes with?
 
other than Ebay
in the UK :)
find a place that buys in bulk and youll get them cheap! i got my Rio 125 with cabinet for £150

[URL="http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/cat...5b1ad4ce98daf52"]http://www.charterhouse-aquatics.co.uk/cat...5b1ad4ce98daf52[/URL]

that doesnt seem a bad price fo saying my LFS charge £280 for the rio 180

its 380/390 inc the cabitnet though , i saw some similar brand and maiden head which wasnt to pricey. i was looking at getting one but thought theres a little restriction with the fish you can get so got a long one .
 
Bumping up to top because I edited my original question;

I want to buy one but don't know if I can easily apply my Tetratec EX1200 to it without cutting anything?

Also can I remove the internal filter box it comes with?
 
yes you can remove the filter inside, and if its anythink like the rio/lido range then yes they do fit but the pipes on the external may not be long enough to fit both sides also when ive fitted the ex7 and the fluvals it sits in the gap but the rear lid/flap doesnt quite sit flush, not really a major issue but its just somethink to be aware of :)

jen
 
yes you can remove the filter inside, and if its anythink like the rio/lido range then yes they do fit but the pipes on the external may not be long enough to fit both sides also when ive fitted the ex7 and the fluvals it sits in the gap but the rear lid/flap doesnt quite sit flush, not really a major issue but its just somethink to be aware of :)

jen

Oh b'ger really? Do you have any pics to show me what you mean by 'flush' i.e. the size of the gap?
 
You will need to cut bits out of the flap to get external filter pipes into the tank, since the flap doesn't have any gaps in it for filter pipes already :good:.

Not hard to do though.
 
You will need to cut bits out of the flap to get external filter pipes into the tank, since the flap doesn't have any gaps in it for filter pipes already :good:.

Not hard to do though.

If anyone has any pics of the flap I'd love to see what I'm up against - is it plastic? I cut that out of present tank, as it had its own tray that I just snapped bits off to put the pipes in
 
You will need to cut bits out of the flap to get external filter pipes into the tank, since the flap doesn't have any gaps in it for filter pipes already :good:.

Not hard to do though.

If anyone has any pics of the flap I'd love to see what I'm up against - is it plastic? I cut that out of present tank, as it had its own tray that I just snapped bits off to put the pipes in
use a coping saw and cut what you need.

the filter is so easy to remove, a sharp tug and mine was off!
 
I've got a trigon what my other half did to getmy external pipes in was to get a very very sharp knife and just sort of cut away at it very slowly to make a half moon sort of shape so he could get the pipes in . Jen was right in saying it doesn't sit flush but it isn't really noticeable with the fact it's in the far corner anyway here's a wee pic to show you what i mean if you need any more just say :D

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/kiz...nt=DSC02741.jpg
 
You will need to cut bits out of the flap to get external filter pipes into the tank, since the flap doesn't have any gaps in it for filter pipes already :good:.

Not hard to do though.

If anyone has any pics of the flap I'd love to see what I'm up against - is it plastic? I cut that out of present tank, as it had its own tray that I just snapped bits off to put the pipes in
use a coping saw and cut what you need.

the filter is so easy to remove, a sharp tug and mine was off!

Does removing the filter leave any marks on the glass? Also, does it make way for any more water volume?
Last thing please can you put up a pic for me of the work you did on the flap?
 
You will need to cut bits out of the flap to get external filter pipes into the tank, since the flap doesn't have any gaps in it for filter pipes already :good:.

Not hard to do though.

If anyone has any pics of the flap I'd love to see what I'm up against - is it plastic? I cut that out of present tank, as it had its own tray that I just snapped bits off to put the pipes in
use a coping saw and cut what you need.

the filter is so easy to remove, a sharp tug and mine was off!

Does removing the filter leave any marks on the glass? Also, does it make way for any more water volume?
Last thing please can you put up a pic for me of the work you did on the flap?
no more volume. its just ugly IMO. it leaves a bit f silicon but a knife got rid of that!
 
I've got a trigon what my other half did to getmy external pipes in was to get a very very sharp knife and just sort of cut away at it very slowly to make a half moon sort of shape so he could get the pipes in . Jen was right in saying it doesn't sit flush but it isn't really noticeable with the fact it's in the far corner anyway here's a wee pic to show you what i mean if you need any more just say :D

[URL="http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/kiz...nt=DSC02741.jpg"]http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/kiz...nt=DSC02741.jpg[/URL]

Ahh I see, so you mean the pipe itself doesn't sit flush? I thought you meant the lid so there would be a gap! doh!

Ok so that's ok because I put ornaments/photographs on top of the tank which would hide the pipework

So that's all it takes, is to shave away a little of the plastic?
 
:crazy: My hood looks dirtier than I thought.

p1060349large.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top