Harlequin rasboras jaw stuck open (?) Help needed

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ilikecats

Reaction score
i put him in a jar seperately to see, and it's jaw looks gone, i just got it yesterday
What should i do?

I've already checked the water quality and everything's normal

Attachments

• IMG_20240205_224030.jpg
    IMG_20240205_224030.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240205_223446.jpg
    Screenshot_20240205_223446.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 17
Unfortunately, there's no effective therapy :( If the fish cannot feed itself it will eventually starves to death.

Fish jaws are much too delicate to be “popped” back into position, though it is possible to do so with larger fish.

If he is able to eat, you might end with a perfectly happy crippled fish. If he is not able to eat, I wouldn't let him starve and euthanize him the most humane way. 😢

Unfortunately, there's no effective therapy :( If the fish cannot feed itself it will eventually starves to death.

Fish jaws are much too delicate to be “popped” back into position, though it is possible to do so with larger fish.

If he is able to eat, you might end with a perfectly happy crippled fish. If he is not able to eat, I wouldn't let him starve and euthanize him the most humane way. 😢
Sadly it died this morning & another one too, they both had cotton like stuff surrounding the lips

thinking it might be columnaris since it also affected some other fish 😓 any suggestions? I've changed 50% of the water

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back