Happy Happy Rams :)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

xamy_valox

Fishaholic
Reaction score
After finally getting over the death of my male German Blue Ram, and leaving the tank a while to ensure I experienced no other relate deaths, I finally decided it was time to cheer my female up and bring her a hopeful new boyfriend.

Couldn't decide at first wether to also buy a pair of Electric Blue Rams, but after being told they were £58 a pair
crazy.gif
 I decided I would instead stick to just the male GBR along with some little Honey Gourami's to replace my horribly aggressive Pearl Gourami. 

Picked out the most handsome male and he seems to have done the trick!! The female had become very pale and timid since loosing her partner, and was being bothered quite a lot by the Pearl as I think she was after her territory. Now however with the Pearl gone and a new bloke around she has gone so bright again! Lovely pink tummy, shimmery blues and all her black striped prominent. They won't leave each other alone! The male is already being very protective and they are sticking extremely close together. 

Do these behaviours look promising that they will become a breeding pair? She has already shown signs of her breeding tube emerging, but not fully yet. 

My Honey gouramis are an unusual colour swell, kinda like a mix between red, green and yellow. I was hesitant at first as they looked quite dull in the bag and thought I had ended up with some colourless fish, but now they are settling and pecking away at the plants, their colours have really brightened up 
biggrin.png

All in all a successful day! Anyone got any opinions about the price for the Electric Blue pair as well? My jaw nearly hit the floor!

No offence to the hobby - which I love, but I think the prices can be ridiculous! I went to my better LFS (I have a local that I visit often and a Better that I visit monthly maybe, as a treat because if they were my regular I would spend way to much)

Anyways they sold me a pair of GBR for 16$ CAN (Or would have if I hadn't been rather flirty with the fish room guy and he only wrote up the order for a single Ram) 

I was there a few days ago and they had a Bolivian ram for like 30$! And he was a trade in, and came from bad conditions so he was rather stunted and they still wanted that much!

The guy said that this pair were from Czechoslovakia and hard to come by apparently which is the reason they were so pricey, but at the same time, how am I supposed to know where they are from other than what the guy is saying? He could be telling me any old rubbish!!

I just don't think I could cope if they died on me! I would love some Adolfi Cories, but they are priced at £30 for 2 at the same place and for the same reason I just can't part with that much cash for 2 fish! I could get a whole bunch of Sterbai's for that price!!

Electric Blue Rams here I've seen for $18 each - so $36 for a pair (and hope they actually pair).  If they are already paired, that could increase the price.

My GBR's are getting a bit feisty now, kinda nipping at each other and showing a bit of aggression. This normal?

The pet stores here sell Electric Blues (when they have them) for $27, $29 or $40!  I breed and sell them for $12 (or $10 when I have a sale).

German Rams go for $8 to $15 at stores, I breed and sell them for $5 or $4 on sale).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back