Happy days

Yes and humans can be replaced to but that doesnt justify murder. these fish wouldnt be bred if there wasnt a market these are not the anim,als they are trying to stop from breeding. Kids should have there parents with them and this law ensures that they do.

If they really cared about the care and health and lives of these animals they wouldn't dye some of them, but I don't see that becoming illegal, do any of you? And pleco-heaven, I am right behind you on this, it totally sucks. It they are soooo worried about the animals being killed then they should wonder about people who come in and repeatedly buy the same type of animal over and over again. I'm sorry, but how many hamsters does a person need? As to having them breed, why do they even sell cats and dogs at pet stores anymore when the shelters are full of them? And why does it cost almost a hundred dollars to fix a cat? More people would keep pets if they could afford it, instead of these often insane prices the vets charge. Shelters then have to charge higher adoption fees to cover these vet costs, even though they often can get discounted prices. There's a baby ball python that needs to be adopted at a shelter near me, and I would gladly get it if it didn't cost almost 250$ No one will adopt when they could just go to the pet store and buy one for a lot cheaper. And who is supposed to make sure these laws get enforced? For crying out loud, we have enough problems as it is trying to get your average lfs just to give sane and useful info without them throwing fish at you just to make a profit, a lot of them aren't going to follow the rules if it's going to screw up their sales, they can't/won't afford it. I'll be surprised if this even works out. Or maybe we can all start getting jobs as sercurity at one's local pet store. (Kid, step away from the tank, or you will have to leave the premises.)

Seriously everyone is going to cringe but I have very close friends who are constantly bothering me to buy a gold fish and slow convert it to live in beer. :no: I think the problem would be best fixed if before you are allowed to purchase a pet you had to have an common knowledge animal test for taken covering the basics necessities that their pet requires (there are similar things at my local animal shelter). There are many people, including thoughts 45 + (i.e. my boyfriend’s parents) who think it's perfectly alright to have their cat declawed and deyapped. Children resemble their parents in the ways they treat animals. It’s very unfortunate really I know so many "children" who are much more knowledgeable regarding fish than myself. The law should be reduced to the age of 14 (at which point they are considered a teenager and should have some responsibilities and can be in Canada personal charged with cruelty to animals) and the pet store should take responsibility to inform the owner of all the requirements of their purchase before ownership is taken, this will make for a happier owner and better treated pets.

As for the carnie rule, it about time only animals stores and shelters should have the right to commercially sell fish (which is what you are actually doing you pay for a ball for a chance to purchase a fish).

...I agree with a1wonder and most of the people who said the law was a bit stupid...or a lot.
I like the first law with the goldfish, but the secoond one? ...no way...
I'm 14 here and I don't want to always badger my parents to bring me to the lfs all the time... I mean they get annoyed if I ask them once every two weeks! I know how to take care of my fish better than my parents... My brother as well and he is younger than me!
Like a1wonder said "pet store should take responsibility to inform the owner of all the requirements of their purchase before ownership is taken" that's totally true!!! I mean you woudn't go and sell a cichlid to a little kid if all he says is that it looks pretty! I think it's some of the fish stores that should be changed or something.

YOU THINK IT'S COOL THAT I CAN'T BUY FISH!!!!!! YOU ARE OLDER AND DON'T CARE THAT SOME KIDS ARE RESPONSEBLE (LIKE ME!!!) NOW I CAN'T BUY FISH BECAUSE I AM ONLY 11, THAT MEANS I HAVE TO DRAG MY DAD ALONG AND THAT ISN'T VERY NICE FOR HIM, MOST OF YOU ARE NOT IN MY POSITION SO YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE!!!!

Can I just say to all the people saying "you don't know what it feels like etc" that everyone on this forum was a kid once and we've all been refused things and been called irresponsible because of our age at some time or another (not picking on you pleco just using you as an example!). I think most of the people on these forums agree that the majority of kids using it are responsible fishkeepers that deserve commendation for being so :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back