Happy Birthday to me ( 60 )

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

happy birthday - you're one of the most experienced and knowledgeable people on this forum

in this context, i disagree with @JennySolano - it's always what you say and not how you say it
you shouldn't need to fake a kind personality in order to be helpful

Happy birthday. I guess we'll probably keep you around for another 60 years.
whoa
i hope i live that long!!

Happy 60th Birthday Wishes | Not Old, Classic

True, but actually developing a kind personality is most helpful in many ways. :)
And delivery is every bit as important as the message itself. After all, if one can't hold an audience, the message falls on deaf ears.

@itiwhetu you have very valuable experience and hope you're around many more years to share. Maybe not another 60... we may not be able to wait on you to type replies!

I am about to go to bed and when I wake up I will be 60.
I would like to say that this is the most amazing hobby anyone can ever be involved in. For 46 years I have been apart of a fantastic group of people from all walks of life, brought together by their love of fish.

Because this is my Thread I am going to share a story;

I first joined TFF in 2012 and lasted about two weeks. I was keeping African Butterfly fish in a tank with Cardinal Tetras and Discus at the time. I was told by members of this forum that it wasn't possible. I ended up leaving very quickly. 8 years later I returned determined to stick at it and not be discouraged. I know that I stir and I know I am challenging at times. But this is in my genetically make up. Just like kissing Gourami's Kiss and Corydoras Catfish sift sand, I can't help it, I Stir.

I would like to thank all the members of this Forum for their patience and understanding and hope that you see I am trying to be helpful rather than a pain in the *****. ( I have two demerit points so I'm being careful ).

I will finish by saying thank you to each and every member of this fantastic group you have saved me through Covid-19 Lockdowns. To new members and newbies to this hobby, I would like to say we all have your best interests at heart however harsh some of our comments may seem. I only wish I hadn't moved away in 2012 but had stuck with TFF.

Cheers Bernard.
B65B5ECC-4259-4CAC-B4C8-285D68CA120F.gif

whoa
i hope i live that long!!
My grandmother lived to be 92. For her 90th birthday, my aunt and uncle asked her what she wanted to do to celebrate. They're quite well-to-do, and they told her money was no object--anything she wanted. She chose to celebrate with a white-water jet boat ride on the Rogue River. If I make it to be 90, I hope I'm that awesome. ha ha :lol:

Somehow, I could see @itiwhetu doing something like that 30 years from now...

I am about to go to bed and when I wake up I will be 60.
I would like to say that this is the most amazing hobby anyone can ever be involved in. For 46 years I have been apart of a fantastic group of people from all walks of life, brought together by their love of fish.

Because this is my Thread I am going to share a story;

I first joined TFF in 2012 and lasted about two weeks. I was keeping African Butterfly fish in a tank with Cardinal Tetras and Discus at the time. I was told by members of this forum that it wasn't possible. I ended up leaving very quickly. 8 years later I returned determined to stick at it and not be discouraged. I know that I stir and I know I am challenging at times. But this is in my genetically make up. Just like kissing Gourami's Kiss and Corydoras Catfish sift sand, I can't help it, I Stir.

I would like to thank all the members of this Forum for their patience and understanding and hope that you see I am trying to be helpful rather than a pain in the *****. ( I have two demerit points so I'm being careful ).

I will finish by saying thank you to each and every member of this fantastic group you have saved me through Covid-19 Lockdowns. To new members and newbies to this hobby, I would like to say we all have your best interests at heart however harsh some of our comments may seem. I only wish I hadn't moved away in 2012 but had stuck with TFF.

Cheers Bernard.
Have a wonderful day!!!

Wait until you get a dozen, then it really becomes interesting, and fun :devil:

Happy belated birthday you young whipper snapper.

These damn kids today think they are special having a 60th birthday. Pfft, wait till you hit 600, then you have something to celebrate. In the mean time, learn to say the following "Damn kids, get off my lawn".

And keep your hearing aid turned on but pretend it is off. Then see what people really think of you. If the other half decides to badger you about something, turn the hearing aid off :)

:bday:

Wait until you get a dozen, then it really becomes interesting, and fun :devil:

Happy belated birthday you young whipper snapper.

These damn kids today think they are special having a 60th birthday. Pfft, wait till you hit 600, then you have something to celebrate. In the mean time, learn to say the following "Damn kids, get off my lawn".

And keep your hearing aid turned on but pretend it is off. Then see what people really think of you. If the other half decides to badger you about something, turn the hearing aid off :)

:bday:
Thanks Colin Cheers Mate ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back