Half A Khuli Loach And A Dead Shrimp

I can't believe you found them to be aggressive. I have 5 of the brown kuhli's and 5 banded kuhlis and I haven't seen them do anything which could be considered aggressive. They pretty much just ignore everything else, that includes eating feeder pellets while they are in my plecos mouth much to her annoyance :lol:
 
ive always found them peaceful, used to keep them years ago, but this bunch is horrendous :( wish id never bought them
 
Have 6 banded Kuhlis. Had a dozen or so shrimp... within two or three days I suddenly found my tank to be shrimpless. So rather doubt that the shrimp would've been the cause of the kuhli to die, just the ones that would clean up should he had a more natural death.
 
Have 6 banded Kuhlis. Had a dozen or so shrimp... within two or three days I suddenly found my tank to be shrimpless. So rather doubt that the shrimp would've been the cause of the kuhli to die, just the ones that would clean up should he had a more natural death.
I too got some cherry shrimp last week and put them in with my Kuhlis..... negative shrimps a week later :angry:
 
Have 6 banded Kuhlis. Had a dozen or so shrimp... within two or three days I suddenly found my tank to be shrimpless. So rather doubt that the shrimp would've been the cause of the kuhli to die, just the ones that would clean up should he had a more natural death.
I too got some cherry shrimp last week and put them in with my Kuhlis..... negative shrimps a week later :angry:


After reading more and more like this I think am going to try and remove my khuli's (Easier said than done)
 
Don't fret! Maybe the kuhli just died (shock, weak specimen etc..) and the shrimp too - A coincidence but not impossible!? Also have you covered the filter outlet as the kuhli may have swam into outlet and met the impellor!
 
the stats could be at dangerous levels....

khulis will eat the dead...so a dead shrimp and another fish are just dinner
 
Don't fret! Maybe the kuhli just died (shock, weak specimen etc..) and the shrimp too - A coincidence but not impossible!? Also have you covered the filter outlet as the kuhli may have swam into outlet and met the impellor!
ouch!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top