H & Ts lost balance

pmoyniha

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,
Well, I have 4 Head and Tail Light tetras and they recently had an external bacterial problem. It didnt spread to the other fish in the tank, just the HTs. but with that they seem to lose their balance. I dont understand it. The balance thing is still an issue. They almost flip right around and then stabilize. The water params are all good. The water is clean and they are the only fish beign affected. Their appetite is normal etc.

Any ideas?
Pat

Bacterial infections can affect a fishes swimbladder causing a loss of balance. How did you treat the bacterial infection they had?
Also, have you seen these fish poop? Constipation can also cause the problem your fish are having.

IT SOUNDS LIKE SWIMBLADDER TO ME I FOUND A WEBSITE THAT SAYS FEED THEM SHELLED OUT PEAS MABEY YOU COULD TRY THAT AND SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY LUCK.

Nitrate: 1ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Ammonia: 0ppm
KH 16 degrees
pH ~7.4
Temp: 25C
Size: 20 US Gallons

I got rid of the bacteria with a Maracyn and Maracyn II treatment course. But the balance issues have persisted. The original cause of the sickness is stress due to being moved around in the holidays. I live in University Residence and I had to take my fish home with me and so in traveling they experienced fluctuations in every water param. The rest of ym fish seem healthy and experienced the same changes.

I suspect Id notice nitrate poisoning in the Clown Loaches first as they hang out at the bottom mostly .

Thanks and any advise would be appreciated.

-Pat

Most reactions

Back