Guppy with white fuzz on mouth?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

cherryshrimp

Reaction score
Just popped up today. Itā€™s a shrimp tank with 2 male guppies and 1 very pregnant female. I know it is not the recommended ratio but this trio gets along 1 male will be moved to the community guppy tank soon. Any ideas or advice appreciated!

Water parameters:
Ph: 7.4-7.6
Ammonia: 0-.15
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20-25
GH: 8
KH: 3
TDS: 305
Temp: 71.3

C12380A3-D26C-426E-8B0F-903434F1A921.jpeg
BBEC30BF-59B5-44C8-923F-F583C006E2E4.jpeg

Is there fuzz on the tail too or is that just the lighting? Could be Columnaris or cotton mouth disease.

Is there fuzz on the tail too or is that just the lighting? Could be Columnaris or cotton mouth disease.

That's just a reflection. My water parameters in here have been near perfect as its a shrimp tank and they are quite sensitive. Any idea why this may have popped up now? Guppies have been in there for over a month with no issues.

Columnaris usually arises due to stress. It could be fungal too. @Colin_T, what do you think?

Columnaris usually arises due to stress. It could be fungal too. @Colin_T, what do you think?

When I went to move him to the QT, there wasnā€™t anything on his lips. They still looked a bit white so I moved him anyways. Heā€™s very energetic in there, but Iā€™m afraid it might pop back up if I move him back. Suppose Iā€™ll leave him in there for few days.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back