Guppy question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Nemo2182

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys, so on anothet post I spoke of my yellow guppy Uhtred. Unfortunately after getting him better, upon putting him back in with my other four guppies, they started bulling him again. I mean there is a show of dominance or who is big fish, but this was not normal. My blue guppy, who is the dominant one, would literally follow him day and night, nipping at his fins. My wife and i decided with regret to return him to pet store because he looked so unhappy and beaten up. The tank seems happier now, no fighting and generally calmer. The corydoras are happy because they have there cave back, as Uhtred hid as much as he could. Now my question is, do i try again with another one? We had five because of five family members in the house. Looks a lot bearer with 4 now. Would I disrupt the balance? Was i unlucky with Uthred? I remember when i added blue, there was disruption for a few days until a natural order was resumed. But this didnt get any better after four weeks, and this was one week in isolation for treatment of suspected gill worms....please help, I dont really know what to do and now my wife feels left out as it was her fish we got rid of....

I guess that you just had bad luck with that particular guppy. I don't thnk you'd disrupt the balance by putting in one more.

Hi guys, so on anothet post I spoke of my yellow guppy Uhtred. Unfortunately after getting him better, upon putting him back in with my other four guppies, they started bulling him again. I mean there is a show of dominance or who is big fish, but this was not normal. My blue guppy, who is the dominant one, would literally follow him day and night, nipping at his fins. My wife and i decided with regret to return him to pet store because he looked so unhappy and beaten up. The tank seems happier now, no fighting and generally calmer. The corydoras are happy because they have there cave back, as Uhtred hid as much as he could. Now my question is, do i try again with another one? We had five because of five family members in the house. Looks a lot bearer with 4 now. Would I disrupt the balance? Was i unlucky with Uthred? I remember when i added blue, there was disruption for a few days until a natural order was resumed. But this didnt get any better after four weeks, and this was one week in isolation for treatment of suspected gill worms....please help, I dont really know what to do and now my wife feels left out as it was her fish we got rid of....
I would say it was just bad luck. You can try it again.

Most reactions

Back