Guppy Fry :)

petitelupin

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 16, 2009
Messages
140
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
My guppy fry are one week old today!! *blows out birthday candles*
theres 15 of em' and im really suprised they made it this far since i've never had babies before!

does anyone know how long it will be before i have to seperate males and females?
or how long before they can go into my main tank? (right now they are in my 2 gal QT tank
 
My first set of fry are four weeks old now and the males are still in with the females. I have researched how to sex them but cant see any signs of whic is which yet so I am hanging fire until I know

Cheers
 
yea from what i've read it says between 3-5 weeks.
i dunno how big fry are supposed to be at 1 week but ive been feeding them bloodworms and tropical flake food so they are like...hmm...maybe 1/3 of an inch?
 
Oh god.
my swordtail is at least 1" - 1.5"
Still pretty small, though. And it's a guy.
I didn't separate, either. x___x
 
At between 4 and 6 weeks, I am just barely able to sex my endlers. They mature just a little faster than guppies so I would think more like 6 to 8 weeks for a guppy but I just don't keep guppies any more.
 
i wanted endlers but there arent any good lfs's around here...all i have is petsmart which is 45 mins away.
 
Try looking in the livebeares section pinned topics.
Don't over feed the bloodworms and I would cut mine up into small peices so they didn't choke on them.
Baby brime strimp better.
They can starting breeding at a very young age, but forgotten now thinks its about 7 weeks.
 
I've got a bunch of endler fry too. Well 20 of them are mature fish. The 50 others are at least a few weeks old. The only reason I even raise them is I can sell them to a fish store for a decent price, and pay for fish food.

There cute when they are little, but my 4 breeding girls always give birth within a week of each other. Catching the fry all the time in a densely planted 55gal is not terribly fun. Ninja fry.

When I see them all crammed into the corner of my 15gal begging for food when I fed them a ton 30 minuets ago. :|
 
yea i usually ground the bloodworms up between my fingers til its like a powder.
my boyfriend and i are so excited about them..he's obsessed and as soon as he gets an appartment there is no doubt in my mind that well become fishaholics.
 
The best bet for feeding guppies is to use flake food and supplement it with vegetable flake. Guppies, like most common livebearers are going to grow better and thrive on a diet that is rich in algae and similar materials. Although they are omnivorous, they need a diet high in vegetable material.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top