Guppy Fry Not Becoming Guppy Fish?

tkarkoulis

New Member
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello,

I have about 20 guppy fry,

5 of them are form another birth of the same fish (gave birth to only 5).

these 5 are 5 weeks old and they are a wee bit bigger than the other ones, the 2 week ones. I feed them properly, the water temp is "tropical", any ideas why ?

they are 5 *weeks* old and about 2cm long, at best

thanks!
 
Wiat first you said there 5 weeks and now there 5 months? Im confused. Guppies dont grow very fast. What are feeding them? They grow faster when having a higher temp, and also when feed BBS) Baby Brine Shrimp). I get frozen BBS as its easier to get for me. What are your water stats?
 
What exactly do you mean with "Guppy Fry Not Becoming Guppy Fish?"- do the fry not look like guppy fry or something? How many fish are in the tank and what types?
 
Im SORRY i meant 5 weeks

i have 5 that are 5 weeks old, and about 15 that were born 3 weeks after the 5 ones (same mother).

sorry for the spelling error

kribensis12 - i mean they are 5 weeks old and are still very very small. Looks like the 2 week old ones are catching up, they will be same size with the older ones in a bit.

I cant find BBS im afraid, pet shops here sell only guppy flakes, so i finely crush them and give them to the babies.
 
how often do you feed them and how often do you water change?

I feed them 3-4 times a day, water change 20% every week.
You need to do more water changes they release a hormone that stops them growing, with fry tank I do 20% ever day or other day when I was ill I didn't do this and you could see they were not growing as quickly.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top