Guppy/endler crossbreed?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Darya

Reaction score
Okey, so i bought this female guppy a couple of months ago (knowing she was pregnant). I bought her with another female guppy so they could live at peace from the harassing males, haha. Anyways, the pregnant guppy gave birth to some fry and i decided to keep them in a seperate tank. They’re about a month or so, and i noticed that they have some interesting colors (especially the males). They are black as their mother, but have a blue tone to them with a orange spot. I do not know what type of guppy their father is, but i’m starting to wonder if they are part endler? What do you guyse think?

(PS: ignore the eggs.. my nerite female have been laying eggs like crazy even tho i don’t have a male..lol)
40933E66-A427-4EC4-A0CE-925781C3194F.jpeg
8A1970F6-0B81-4960-91C2-9151F7EBBFCB.jpeg
FAB7CE3F-9693-4E25-8583-90E04CE35F0F.jpeg
A45BC971-721B-48AB-897F-908A74BC3C35.jpeg
40933E66-A427-4EC4-A0CE-925781C3194F.jpeg

Doesn't have to be endler influence. Could also be just guppy influence (which is more likely in this case). There might be panda guppy influence in there which could explain the blue as it does right now. Probably a mix of panda guppy and moscow black guppy. Or moscow black with Asia blau.
But for sure, no japan blue influence. If it would be japan blue influence, the body itself would not be black. For japan blue is dominant over black.

Super pretty guppies, I'd be very happy to be producing those! Especially as a fluke. Nice!

Right! They have really pretty markings and they are barely passing 1 month. Can’t wait to see them fully grown!

Wow! For them to be that developed, I would have guessed they were between 3-6 months old. You must be taking very good care of them with great water and diet for them to be growing so well, so fast! Please do update with photos as they grow, I'd love to see how they develop. They can still be getting longer/more elaborate fins and have their colours developing and changing right up to six months or so.

Wow! For them to be that developed, I would have guessed they were between 3-6 months old. You must be taking very good care of them with great water and diet for them to be growing so well, so fast! Please do update with photos as they grow, I'd love to see how they develop. They can still be getting longer/more elaborate fins and have their colours developing and changing right up to six months or so.
I thought so too! A high quality and high variety of food could explain their rapid growth. I’m so happy that i’m not the only one excited about them. I will post and update! Can’t wait to see them develop stronger colors and maybe longer fins:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back