Guppy acting odd?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

ella777

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
One of my guppies seems to have distanced himself from the others about two weeks ago.
I didn't really think anything of it, but hes always in one corner, in his own little world.
He is still eating and looks healthy?

Attachments

• 20230306_160621.jpg
    20230306_160621.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 26
If heā€™s acting otherwise normal I wouldnā€™t worry, one of my guppies doesnā€™t care to stay with the group, and does his own thing. As long as you donā€™t notice any bullying, I doubt heā€™s hiding from stress.

If heā€™s acting otherwise normal I wouldnā€™t worry, one of my guppies doesnā€™t care to stay with the group, and does his own thing. As long as you donā€™t notice any bullying, I doubt heā€™s hiding from stress.
Thank you, he does seem to have his tail down quite a bit? He also doesn't swim too much. Usually stays at the top away from the others.

Thank you, he does seem to have his tail down quite a bit? He also doesn't swim too much. Usually stays at the top away from the others.
I see that sometimes when theyā€™re malnourished, you can try feeding him live foods like black worms to try and fatten him up. Could also be the start of swim bladder or related to stress, Iā€™ve seen multiple causes. If heā€™s hiding from the others as well then it may be the latter two, in which case youā€™ll need to observe to see whatā€™s stressing him out, and check water parameters too.

I see that sometimes when theyā€™re malnourished, you can try feeding him live foods like black worms to try and fatten him up. Could also be the start of swim bladder or related to stress, Iā€™ve seen multiple causes. If heā€™s hiding from the others as well then it may be the latter two, in which case youā€™ll need to observe to see whatā€™s stressing him out, and check water parameters too.
I feed them 3 different foods as well as bloodworms everyday.
I have no clue how he could be stressed, the water parameters are all normal...
Hes not really hiding from the others, he does join them a lot of the time.
Does he just want his own space?
His tail does seem to hang down quite a bit.

Most reactions

trending

Back