guppie dying

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Angel Lady

Pet of the Month Leader
Reaction score
we had a guppie that had 7 babies and after she had her babies she died a couple of day s later she looked a little stressed but that was all I have never seen one die like that. I had treated her with ick medicine it was called jungle ick away she had a real bad case of ick when I bought her that is the reason why I did when I go to the pet store I will bye the ones that looks sick because I know they dont stand a chance other wise and I try to doctor them i had her well of the ick and then she had her babies and two days later she died. :sad:

Thats very good of you however, I would always be hesitant when adding sick fish to your tank because the chances of the disease transmitting to your existing fish is quite high! Also watch out because the fry are likely to have the same disease of their mother - although you have been treating and they may be okay. If you wish to continue taking in sick fish perhaps a quarentine tank would be a good idea? keep us posted on their progress :)

William said:
Thats very good of you however, I would always be hesitant when adding sick fish to your tank because the chances of the disease transmitting to your existing fish is quite high! Also watch out because the fry are likely to have the same disease of their mother - although you have been treating and they may be okay. If you wish to continue taking in sick fish perhaps a quarentine tank would be a good idea? keep us posted on their progress :)
i do and i doctor them and then i put them in my tank after I get them well.do they die off when they have babies the only thing i saw wrong was ick but she had something else because she died.

There is nothing you can do about it, some livebearers will just get too weak after birth and there is no way that you can stop them, they can store the sperm for a few months after they have been with a male.

Most reactions

Back