Guess The Fish Game #2

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Torrean

The Hairy Potter
Reaction score
MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE FILE NAME OF THE PICTURE SO THAT IT DOES NOT CONTAIN THE NAME OF THE FISH OR ANY HINTS THAT MIGHT HELP PEOPLE FIGURE IT OUT.

I saw a picture with three fish in it just now and it made me think of an interesting game. I'll post a picture of a fish or a picture with more than one fish in it. and you guess what the fishes common name or scientific name is. If you guess correctly then you post a picture and others try to guess what fish are in it. Don't cheat by looking at member profiles ok. try to use a reasonably clear picture please. We'll see how this works. It may need a bit of tweeking. Feel free to suggest rules.

Rule 1. You may guess as many times as you like but you must wait for another member to guess before you make your next guess. If 30 minutes passes and noone else has guessed then you may make one guess every 15 minutes.

Rule 2. In the interest of preventing two people guessing the same things, incorrect guesses will be posted below the picture. Once the correct answer is given the person who posted the picture should make a new post stating that the answer has been given and it's the winning members turn to post a picture.

Rule 3. If 24 hours goes by and the winner of the last competition hasn't posted a picture then anyone can post a picture. The first picture posted 24 hours after the last post will be the one we use. Type in whether or not you want to post a picture after each guess.

Rule 4. You may use any resource except for member profiles member posts and the name of the picture used. I urge winners to change the name of the picture they use as well as temporarily remove the fish from there profile to help prevent cheating. Please don't cheat. You'll ruin it for yourself and everyone else if you do.

Rule 5. After five guesses the person who posted the picture may begin to post hints. 1 hint at a time and three guesses inbetween hints. hints can be whatever the member who posted the pics wants to give.

Rule 6. If a new page is created then the person with a picture in competition will repost the picture on the new page with all the wrong answers posted underneath it

DVC01243.jpg

I'll make it easy to get the ball rolling

DVC01247.jpg

We are not honey, sparkling or kissing gouramis

we are dwarf gourami's anna wins.

There is only one species in those pictures.... which one is it?

your right they are dwarf gourami. a male and a female. anna I will leave it up to you whether we should start a new thread or not. Seems kind of excessive with only four posts. Maybe we should put a page limit on it or something.

It's hard to set a limit because you might get cut off in guesses and people will get confused when the page switches to a new thread. I suggest you either keep this one or stick to the rule of making a new one. It's your game, I'm just keeping tabs on it. Tell me what you what me to do. :p

grrr... ok no page limit. But to keep confusion to a minimum if a new page pops up and you are the member with a picture up please repost your picture on the new page with all of the incorrect answers under it. Hows that sound?

Works for me, but it still might get confusing when people start guessing on new pages and the poster doesn't post their picture until the bottom, etc. Perhaps try it, and if it doesn't work, try the idea of new threads for each winner. Anyway, it's your game...I'll stay out of it.

fishgame2post.jpg

Probably way too easy, but hey.

Correct: Xenotoca eiseni

I think two threads would be good. One where the winner posts the next picture and another where the fastest member posts the next picture. That way people won't get bored waiting around for the winner to post again in both threads.

Most reactions

trending

Back