GRRRR!!!! PARENTS!!!!!

Your parents let you sleep at your boyfriend's house? They don't sound too bad to me! :lol:

you guys shouldn't feel too bad about your folks. At least you can reason with them. (in most cases) My 3 year old constantly tries to "help" with my tanks and it drives me nuts!! her latest was taking the air hose off the air pump and played with her bubbling treasure chest until the water started draining out into a bucket. unfortunatly it was a 3 gallon bucket vs a 55 gallon tank. I didnt se it till i walked down the hallway and about 40% of the water was on my carpet.

clutterydrawer said:
I cannot even begin to imagine how anyone would think that was an ok thing to do, even if they didn't know anything about fish. -_- In fact I'm shocked at anyone having the audacity to mess with someone else's possessions without their permission.
Whose house is it? Whose electricity supply is it?

SimonA said:
Whose house is it? Whose electricity supply is it?
I guess if she didn't have permission to get the fish in the first place, then they need to sort something out. i jsut think that messing with someone's pet, when you know nothign about it, is shocking.

I agree with the post that mentioned that the bacteria are probably fine. Just keep up with water testing and change as needed. I have had my filter accidentally unplugged for longer than 12 hours (my own fault) and the fish were fine. No mini cycle, no nothing.

Second, at risk of sounding a little harsh, as long as you live in your parent's house, there is no such thing as "privacy" or locking your parents out of "your" room. Until you pay rent it's not your room, it's theirs. If I had even thought of doing this when I lived at home, I would have been out. Period. I'd have had a day to pack my belongings. My parents respected my privacy as far as knocking before entering, but it was always understood that everything in my room is still in their house, and I have no expectation of privacy. My parents gave me privacy (so far as I know, they never "snooped") but it could have been "violated" at any time. That's just my opinion. I hope your fish do alright. I think they will.

\Dan

In fact I'm shocked at anyone having the audacity to mess with someone else's possessions without their permission
1st off...this is the parents house if you are of AGE then Id say why didnt you take the iniative to ask them not to turn the stuff off and at the very least offer a few bux on the electric bill.
2nd off if you arent of age they had every right to enter your room and you should have foresight to warn against turning your stuff off or at least tell them why it is important to have these things on.
a lock on your door without permission isnt acceptable at any age in someone elses house if you want a lock that bad go pay for an apt or house of your own

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back