cursedblad3
Fish Fanatic
I'm looking for something not too nippy that can join my betta in my 14 x 9 x 9 5G/20L tank. Any suggestions?
a group of 5-10 bumblebee gobies.![]()
a group of 5-10 bumblebee gobies.![]()
I don't know much about bumblebee gobies but I think a 20 litre is too small for them.?.? - especially that big of a group. Also, I think I remember reading they can be territorial, but I might be wrong about that. Plus, don't they thrive in brackish water? And, wouldn't they nip at the betta's tail?

a group of 5-10 bumblebee gobies.![]()
I don't know much about bumblebee gobies but I think a 20 litre is too small for them.?.? - especially that big of a group. Also, I think I remember reading they can be territorial, but I might be wrong about that. Plus, don't they thrive in brackish water? And, wouldn't they nip at the betta's tail?
I few people say upto 10 in a 5gal, i wouldnt, but a few do.
they do just as well in freshwater, and mine have never nipped my bettas tail.![]()

they do just as well in freshwater, and mine have never nipped my bettas tail.![]()
/www.aquarticles.com/articles/breedi...bee_Gobies.html" target="_blank">http
/www.aquarticles.com/articles/breedi...bee_Gobies.html</a>The Eighth Thing
Gobies kept in community tanks will tend to fin nip, even if unprovoked. Their hunting instinct is to take a snap at anything that floats by, and as long as even a piece of it will fit in the goby's mouth, it is going to have a try. Keeping these fish in with bettas is out of the question.
You will probably find they are a bit shy to start with, but give them time to settle in and they should be nice and active.