Ground cover plants.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

mrnewbie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
what other ground cover plants are there other than java moss ? some thing that doesnt grow much more than an inch in hight ,but will spread to cover the base of the aquarium , and how many will i need to ensure even coverage in my 10 gallon ?

How is your lighting? Do you inject CO2 and dose fertilizer? I recommend glossostigma and pearlgrass. Both grow fast and are very attractive, although glosso may demand more light.
glosso

i do inject co2 , its a 10 gallon my lighting atm is only 15 watt witha reflector ,

Look for Monosolenium tenerum at Tropica's website. there is actually a full artcile on it. Another fashionable low ground cover plant is the submerged form of Riccia fluitans - you'll find that at the same site.

Yes Lateral Line that is a great plant. However, I can not find it any where and I mean ANYWHERE. :/

Do you have any idea of where I could get some Monosolenium tenerum.

Well, I guess it depends where you are. Tropica is a Danish company, (odd that one of the foremost tropical plant firms in the world should be based in the frozen North - but there you go), and I happily live in Denmark!

looks like an interesting plant but where do i get 1 from i went to the main fish shop in my area and they dont even have java moss , any1 know a good uk plant supplier?

I am in the UK, I haven't found many mail order plants and those I have aren't always in good condition and the selection is as good as an ordanary lfs.

I usually recommend Java Plants whom I have never had trouble with, but some people recently have said they have not been so good... don't know anymore.

Most reactions

Back