Greetings from Yorkshire

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Welcome. Are you looking for anything specific? How big are you thinking? Do you know what you want to stock?

The more experienced members will ask if you know your local water hardness etc so I will get in early :)

Ey up! Welcome t' forum lad.

What size tank are you looking for? New or used? I've been looking at Waterbox branded tanks some of them look great, they have an internal filter section that is pretty descrete and well designed, although it takes up tank space it does look like its worth it.

Wills

Hello every one ive had Aquarium in the past not had one for about ten years. I'm looking on purchasing a new set up any recommendations.
How do!?

Whatever size tank you go for, I would say that base area is more important than height. Sounds daft and obvious but fish swim horizontally not vertically. There are some great looking tall tanks that are probably 200 litres+ but are as much use as a tank for shrimps!

I'm looking at the Juwel Rio 240 in black. That's a decent sized Aquarium isn't it.

Not sure really what fish I want in Ive had alsorts over the years. There some nice guppys on ebay expensive though 40 for a pair including postage

I'm looking at the Juwel Rio 240 in black. That's a decent sized Aquarium isn't it.

Not sure really what fish I want in Ive had alsorts over the years. There some nice guppys on ebay expensive though 40 for a pair including postage
Hiya! Welcome to the forums! :)

Juwel Rio 240s are great aquariums and decently sized aswell so that opens the door to many options already.. It all boils down to what fish sits the best with you though and personally I like to make a list of species and research each one to make sure they can be housed together (I do sometimes impulsively buy fish though lol, worked out well in the end though!) but my best advice is look at the categories of fish. Theres community, boisterous community, old or new world cichlid community, semi aggressive community and many more! If you stick to a category though it will make life so much easier as then you'll at least have similar temperments :)

I like pearl guarami hope I spelt that right they are chilled out fish arnt they

What do you recommend with Peal Gourami
I'm 100% not an expert here, but I've got three (all of unknown sex) and they're very nice. Peaceful, passive, and quite nice to have in the tank. Float around a lot but sometimes dip down to the bottom of the tank if they feel like it. They're very curious and attractive to the eye on the count of their size.

I'm 100% not an expert here, but I've got three (all of unknown sex) and they're very nice. Peaceful, passive, and quite nice to have in the tank. Float around a lot but sometimes dip down to the bottom of the tank if they feel like it. They're very curious and attractive to the eye on the count of their size.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back