Gravel Vs Sand

The best and cheapest sand is Argos Playsand at £2.99 per 15kg. Only trouble is it aint black!

Get black sand from the LFS but do please avoid that black (or any colour) quartz if you intend to keep cory, plecs etc.

Ok..so you do not advise black sand then?


Black sand and black quartz.....2 different animals!
 
My little 10 gallon with my fry has blue gravel (my son picked it out). I just haven't had the heart to change it yet and my fry seem to like it. My 55 gallon had about 60% gravel and 40% sand and I loved this look. I agree though, the sand is much, much easier to clean. I have since changed it to about 30% gravel to 70% sand. My son's new 20 gallon tank has black sand in it. I looks amazing IMHO. He has red slate and driftwood plus a banana plant.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top