gravel cleaning

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kenneth_kpe

Lider op da pises.
Reaction score
hey i just recently got a small gravel cleaner for my planted tank, do you think it is more of a bad thing or good ? i intend to clean only around the parts where there are no plants that have a chance of getting uprooted, u know just to keep the quality of the water nice and clean ? or should i just let the murk settle ? im kinda bothered because whenever i move around stuff around the aquarium a huge mess of fish waste and whatever floats around and i dunno if its ok ?

Hi Kenneth,

If your filter is effective enough, don't stock too heavily and have enough plants then you shouldn't need to clean the gravel too thoroughly, at least not syphon with a gravel cleaner. Before I had too many plants to get to the gravel I used to wave my hand back and forth just above the gravel to pick up any detritus and syphon the dirty water. Hope this helps.

thanks ,il keep that in mind, but im kinda confused on how you acually measure a heavily stocked aquarium ? measure the fishes in inches ? sorry im kinda newb at this stuff :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back