Gouramis - Male/female?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Guppi32011

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought two dwarf gouramis yesterday and i am unsure on the sex of both. I know that a male has a pointed dorsal fin and the female is more rounded. Now my one dwarf gourami has what appears to be a rounded tail and i think it could be female and is quite colourful, and my other dwarf has a more pointed tail but is not as colourful. Very confused :S

P.S. - Here are some pictures:

http://imageshack.us/g/827/img0192ij.jpg/

They are both females, but the duller one is either stressed, or sub dominant :good:
Thanks for the reply, how do you know they are both females because the one has a more pointed fin than the other and they have a colour, aren't females a silvery colour? Also since i have bought them the duller looking one has been very shy and won't eat but does swim around.

oops, sorry i meant males. with Dwarf gouramis you can tell the gender difference by color
Thanks makes a bit more sense now lol. What do you think about the condition of these fish they look healthy enough to me and are really preety fish.

oops, sorry i meant males. with Dwarf gouramis you can tell the gender difference by color
Thanks makes a bit more sense now lol. What do you think about the condition of these fish they look healthy enough to me and are really preety fish.
they look very healthy to me, and are very pretty. :drool: i would just watch out with having 2 males as they might fight :good: good luck with your gourami's

they look very healthy to me, and are very pretty. :drool: i would just watch out with having 2 males as they might fight :good: good luck with your gourami's
Yeah will do. They seem to be getting on fine, they have little spats now and again. Thank you.

You should probably trade one of the males for a female. Or, if your tank is big enough, add 4 females to the mix. It's not fair to keep 2 males when one is being dominated.

BTW< can't you post your pics normally? I can't be bothered to sign up with ImageShack just to see the pics...............

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back