Gouramis Death

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ah well, if the fish have not been worried by the water this long then you must have much nicer water then we have here in the UK. I'm jealous. :lol:
You could try letting some of the normally planted plants float instead. I do that in my 55g and the livebearer fry hide in it. The angel is an incredible hunter. :X
Awww lil gourami fry are really sweet. I have rather alot nearing new home stage now. All golds, although I spotted a brown in the parents tank a few days ago. Funny since it's age would dictate it to be from gold parents. Spot, my brown girl has yet to spawn. :rolleyes: Really want Blue to spawn but she is still backing off despite being as round as a ball. *doh*
Hugs,
P.

so you think its okay to keep useing the tape water here????oh and the fry i have are near the geting color stage im not shore what color they are cuz i was trying to get them to breed and used difrent males and females in the tank im hopeing its not brown cuz thats the only color i have had so far in breeding but i think they well could be brown cuz the brown female i have breeds very easy ...........hehehe shes an easy girl with the guys :D .....as for the floating plant i will try but from what i rember i have had plant that were pulled out floating and they eat the plants roots and it dies

If they're ok for several years with the way you do things I would say carry on. :thumbs:
If both your male and female that are bredding are brown, chances are you'll only have browns. Queenie, my most actively spawning girl is gold like BB, my male. The fact we have a brown amongst one of the earlier spawns means that either she or he has brown in their genetics enough for the odd throw back to appear. Not knowing the history of them, apart from them coming from the wild, apparently, I couldn't say either way. It's lavenders I really want, although I love the fry we already have, to get some fry turn out lavender would be the ultimate success. :drool:
Hugs,
P.

the last 2 times the brown female had fry was with a blue male but all the fry both times were brown so im hopeing that this time it was not her who had the fry cuz i think her brown genetics are strong ....i had a gold female and a blue female in there as well so i hope it was one of them cuz the male was ether a blue male or a Opaline Gouramis ........lavender ones u seem to like a lot ???i thort u liked Queenie the best ?and shes a gold right ?

I adore Queenie & yes she is gold :wub: . I adore all my fish actually. I can't help but be attached to them all, and that's alot of attachments!! :lol: I just like the idea of them producing some lavender fry. I'm not bothered if they don't to be honest but it would be a major achievement to raise some. I'd be forced into a new gourami tank for them tho. :*) One for my current sweeties and second for the lavenders. :hey:
Trouble is I have 11 tanks already. Obsessed much. :rolleyes:
Hugs,
P.

hehehe thats alot of tanks my friends cuzen has 16 tanks shes planing on breeding to sell fish and they breed alot of difrent fish not just gouramis ............i have 2 gouramis that i tend to like most one is the brown female i was talking about cuz she was one of first i got .. and the second is a Opaline that is near dark green all over and turns near a green black color when breeding hes evil too cuz when breeding he realy attack the poor females i like him cuz of the strang almost black color he gose

Alot of male gourami darken during breeding times.
I intend to have a go at spawning my fancy combtail male with my ct female betta soon. Once he's put on some weight and he's gone through a few weeks of rest and lots of good food. Plus I need some of the older gourami fry to have found new homes or the fry tank will be unusable. :lol: I also want my Malawi mouthbrooders to spawn sometime next year and raise the fry successfully. And I'd like the Eupterus to spawn too at some point but keeping the fertilised eggs safe and spotting them in time is almost impossible. :rolleyes: I also have the Endlers and Platies spawning like rabbits supplying the resident Angel with live food, depsite the amount I give them. I do raise some of the livebearers in safety but really don't have room to keep one batch after another.
Hugs,
P.

i no they darken but i never thort they could go all most black.................you breed lots of fish dont you :crazy: what happen to them all

My lfs has offered to take some and I'd like some of the forum members here to have some too. That way I know some are getting good homes. I've yet to part with a single one! The livebearers are growing up alongside their parents in the 55g and the gouramies only started breeding late last year so still growing up the first bunch, alongside some of the younger fry from the same parents. Not yet bred the bettas and the catfish aren't yet breeding to my knowledge, although is possible. They have a setup they enjoy in the 55g but I suspect they're still a little young. Only two of the girls are rounded on the tums but it's not easy telling if they are carrying eggs or not without watching them alot.
Hugs,
P.

Miss Dib Dabs u said you would like some of the forum members here to have some of the fry i gather that to be when there bigger then fry ......but i thort it would be to far to send gouramis to forum mebers and if not how would u send them ???

I'd prefer people to collect where possible of course. Mailing fish is not something I've done although I suspect I could. Yes they are still a little small right now but it won't be long until they're big enough to move out. If, and I do stress the IF, I do decide it is ok to mail them...carefully and with some forethought it would be within the UK and only by next day post. I have no clue what that would cost either. Course it's still very difficult to tell all the females and males apart as they're only about an inch and half tops. By Feb they'll be around 4 months old. Oh and there's no way I'll mail them in the cold either. ;)
Hugs,
P.

how do u mail fish ?????????????i mean do you fill a bag with water and put it in a post box :D or find a small tank or what ??? :S .........my fry i think i got them about the midel of november ........oh and can you see what color your fry are yet ?

Mine were born back in October. They're almost 100% golds. One has turned out a pale brown colour with a highly defined black spot on each side. :wub:
Mailing fish is fairly straightforward. Anabantoids are probably the easiest as air breathers they can cope if their water goes a bit icky. Although I wouldn't want to risk it if avoidable.
Basically you bag them up with water and air, seal the bag , double bag it to avoid possible leakage, then use polystyrene boxes to put the baggies in, making sure they cannot roll or bump about. Then seal the box (Use heat packs if the weather is somewhat cold) and send using fast post making sure they are aware there is live animals in the box! At least that is how I would go about it. I assume most other ppl would too. And it's best not to feed them before going so they do not soil their water too quickly.
Hugs,
P.

[peepl say moonlights are shy gouramis dont they???mine when feeding push all the others out of the way to get the food??mind you they seem to be peace full just not shy or stressed about push the 3 spots away from there food ...........oh and i have 3 golds that i got at the same time one was a little bit smaller but strang thing is she dose not grew as fast as the other 2 she seems fine and i bleave she gets anuth food the other 2 have got biger then her ????is she like a runt or some thing?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back