Gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

newtofishs

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I would like to start by saying sorry as I know I didnt really get off to the best start with a few of the members on this forum, sorry :(  I really need some help sexing this gourami as my sister might buy him but wants to know what sex he is, we are pretty sure he is a male although we arn't completely positive :/ is he only young because he was a silver head? He is my friends fish and she is desperate to re home him, sorry the pictures arn't the best :/ thanks for any help you can give :) 
  http://mygourami.weebly.com/images.html

The way you can tell is the top fin. If you can get a picture of the top fin we can probably tell.  Will it be in with other fish? 

It would be kept with 3 panda corys, they are all super peaceful if that makes any difference. I wont be able to take any more pictures today but I could go down tomorrow and take some, what am I looking for on the top fin?

They should be fine with the corys, males i believe will have a pointer top fin. females are more rounded, I wish I could help more, i have only had these fish once and they were sick from the pet store and died.

Ok thank you for your advice and his top fin does seem to be of a point them rounded thank you for your help anyway :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back